The words "banging' and "brick wall" spring to mind.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
Okay, so my search for a pony is on going.
I have found several I liked the sound of, only noted those where the pony was the right size, was pictured being ridden by small child etc.

Phoned a few this weekend, firstly "how well does it behave with small children??" mostly...."oh, it's unbroken/ hasnt been ridden in 3 years / isnt a novice ride" FFS why advertise it as a LR /FR then??

secondly, those that have been sold weeks ago...why not take it off the website then?? Saves lots of time.

Thirdly, the eejits (two of) who organise you to see the pony then bloody cancel at the last minute or promise to phone you back to arrange a time and day...and don't.

Off to have tons of chocolate and coffee to soothe my tattered nerves. OH thinks this pony-finding lark is easy...I would tell HIm to find one, but we'd probably end up with something about 16.2hh.

monica123

Visit site
aww...hun - i know what yu mean!! it is soooooo annoying!! i was told i was going to get a call back by like 5 poeple and they never did, i also got about 3 poeple whos ponies had been sold

claire1976

Visit site
Know how you feel, trying to buy a decent horse nowadays is about as easy as finding rocking horse poo.
I now just assume that everyone selling horses is a liar unless they prove otherwise, sad I know but too many people just don't seem to want to describe horses accurately or truthfully.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
You know, there are so few ponies that are real first ponies, the sort who will just plod along, so how come there are thousands advertised online? Thousands that inexperienced people will buy for their tiny tots. I think some sellers truly have no concience...

SpruceRI

Visit site
Don't get dejected. The best ones seem to find you, rather than the other way round. Tell everyone you know, especially people who are involved in local Riding & Pony Clubs. It's amazing how most of the good horses/ponies get sold on by word of mouth /gossip, than being advertised.

I bought a gorgeous ID X TB mare in the summer from someone in my RC. I wasn't looking for another horse, but they phoned me up and asked me to try her. Having always been of the ilk of not believing a word people say either, my new girlie is exactly as described and blimmin gorgeous with it!

Capriole

Visit site
i sympathise - a girl at my yard is selling her pony, i dont know what prospective buyers are going to think when they turn up to see at 14.3 that is lucky to be 14.0 with its shoes on

Snowberry

Visit site
If you'd been looking a few months ago you could have had our Marcus!!
frown.gif
Perfect first childs pony, Jack and Emmie lead him in from the field, pick out his hooves, groom him, bath him etc... He's gone on loan to a family with a pony mad 3year old child as my little ones actually dont like riding
crazy.gif

Good Luck - there are some lovely little ponies out there, its just finding the right one!! (have you tried your local pony club? someone may be moving up and looking to sell or loan?)

siennamum

Visit site
What part of the World are you in I have a friend with a 19 yr old pony (12.2 I think) which she wants to retire from her Trekking centre. Said it's an absolute saint, don't know if she wants anything for it, she's in the SW.