'The worst thing he ever did' (for fun)

conniegirl

Visit site
On his first trip in the horsebox my beagle managed to get the fridge open and eat the contents (enough for a 4 day stay away show) which included a whole NEW tub of margarine

Lets just say the results meant he spent the rest of the show either outside or in the horse area!

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
Every remote control in our house has Aled’s teeth marks in it. He had a bad habit of just sneakily removing it table, arm or sofa etc and taking it away. Whenever we can’t find it, we know who to look at.

Luna got in the bathroom one day when I was upstairs doing something or other. I came downstairs to find her eating OH’s blood pressure pills. We were at the vet within 10 mins. She’s also destroyed a lot of post, including 2 cheques of around £50 each. Am sure they thought I was making it up when I asked the company that had sent them if they could re-issue them. She’s eaten several pairs of my slippers, a few pairs of trainers, and OH’s work boots. We used to have lots of cushions on the sofa, now we have about 3.

She has also stripped most of the wallpaper downstairs for us. Not a problem as not been decorated yet, so a bit of a favour really, although we have plenty of other work to do in house before living room is done.

Bo hasn’t done anything, yet! Still settling in I think. Am sure something will happen sooner or later.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I forgot the day the Lab gate-crashed a party!
We used to walk the dogs along a private road/bridlepath which went into a wood, just outside the wood was a house, whose owners liked to talk to the dogs. One warm, summer day we were walking the dogs as usual, they had been off lead walking along the bridleway, gathered them up to walk to heel past the house, realised that there were more cars than usual parked outside, then saw a yellow tail disappearing through the kitchen door, she popped back out of open French window from the sitting room. We never did find out what she did while she was inside but fortunately there was no irate house-owner following her out of the house.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Our wolfhound ate about a dozen roasted quail and then peed on Charles Dance - it was in a medieval feast scene in a movie and he was supposed to lie loyally at the king's (Charles Dance's) feet, which TBF he did when required. It was the inevitable waiting around between shots that had him wandering around getting in trouble....

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Was the Watershipdown incident like mine when Jake and Brig triumphantly brought me a bunny 🐰 but were playing tug ‘o’ war with it before I could rescue it? 😳

They also chewed up their KC registration papers when the breeder sent them through the post. The neighbour binned them without checking what the shredded envelope contained.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Our wolfhound ate about a dozen roasted quail and then peed on Charles Dance - it was in a medieval feast scene in a movie and he was supposed to lie loyally at the king's (Charles Dance's) feet, which TBF he did when required. It was the inevitable waiting around between shots that had him wandering around getting in trouble....

Best story ever.

maisie06

Visit site
I was just reading one of the other threads about beagles who get up to mischief due to boredom etc. Now we all know that dogs can get up to stuff when they are bored, unsupervised, lonely, in pain etc... but I thought it might be fun to share the worst things our dogs have ever done without bogging the thread down in the 'why'.

Over the years mine have:
- Chewed one shoe out of every pair I owned, in one sitting
- Destroyed the back bumper of the car whilst unsupervised in an enclosed yard for 5 minutes. Insurance didn't want to pay out due to 'act of dog'
- Threw up what looked and smelled like bowel contents on my computer and it all went in the keyboard.
- Walking along the canal, waited for the fancy dining canal boat to appear and proceeded to poop with his bum facing directly at the diners, at eye level
- Humped potential boyfriend's leg then bit him for sitting on the sofa

I <3 dogs.

Sent out to retrieve a dummy came back with a myxi bunny.....a LIVE myxi bunny, which I then had to dispatch during a working test....sent in a hedge for a pheasant, came back with a chicken, again alive - theme here!! God knows where it came from!!!

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Suzie was very badly behaved in her younger days.

We were invited to some friends for dinner, and they said the dog was welcome to come. We warned them that she had a habit of peeing in people's bedrooms so please could they keep the doors shut. I realised we hadn't seen her for a few minutes, she'd pushed their bedroom doors open, got onto their bed which had the duvet flung back to air it, and peed in the middle of their bed 😳😳😳.

She escaped out of the front door several times, once when we couldn't find her, she'd gone though a neighbours garage into their house and was sitting on their sofa watching television!

Juno has thankfully got out of the habit of chewing cables, but I had to replace several at the office, you wouldn't believe how quickly those puppy teeth could get through a cable. I put her on the lead in the office but one day I was on the phone so distracted for 2 minutes and she went through the one attached to my heater (luckily not plugged in).

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Ha Ha, we don't bother buying Hector any stuffed animals or knots and he destroys them in a minute and then throws up because the entrails get stuck in his throat. He has eaten a few cushions too, but his worst is peeing. He was a stray and not house trained, he now is house trained in the main, but not for anywhere except our home, mum's home and when travelling in a car. He pee'ed on my bosses foot when she came to visit.

The worst one was Pajo, the dog I got when I was 17. He had been adopted out and returned 3 times from the RSPCA and when we visited he was waiting for the vet to PTS. There was something about Pajo, English X Gordon setter.

He ate all sorts. ins were his favourite. Jackets too. The one I struggled to forgive was when we bought a box of 40 Tampax and he stole them and released all the white mice from the cardboard tubes on the lawn. As a somewhat embarrassed 17 year old I had to go out onto the very much overlooked garden to collect them.

He ate a box of chocolates and threw up down an open backed staircase.

He ate my beautiful sheepskin numnah from Harrods.

He broke out of the garden and ate the neighbours' fish in their pond.

I took him to the livery yard, he ate their fish out of the pond too, and one day he broke into their house, stole the Sunday joint off the table and was discovered on the sofa gnawing on the, still half frozen, meat.

He was petrified of little terrier type dogs and would run from them, miles. I had my own 'Fenton' moments, not because he was chasing anything, just because I could not get him back because of some tiny little handbag dog. One day he got home before me, crossing a very busy road to do so.

My next dog was Yankee, a beautiful GSD. OH and I were on opposite shifts so he did not have to be alone for long, but in the hour and a half a day that we changed over he ate the skirting board and a fair proportion of the wall. That was pretty much it though. Our other dogs have been pretty good.

Clodagh

Visit site
Mainly having had labs, most of the incidents are food related. And Brandy, the oldest, is responsible for most. She ate a whole big pot of Effax hoof oil when we had PC camp here. It had a violent emetic effect. The grass took 5 years to recover.
She ate a salmon head I had used to trap a mink and then threw in a ditch and forgot about, she ate it ten days later. She wasn't even sick, but the belches were something solid.
Again at PC Camp Tawny punctured all the footballs they were playing five a side with, she goes crazy for balls.
Brandy went to retrieve a crciket ball at camp and came back with a broody bantam. She was only a puppy and was so overexcited she ran round and round the field wiith the bantam. (Which was absolutely fine, and cured of being broody).
Sash the lurcher stole two roasted turkeys from the camp kitchen and buried them under the leylandii hedge, she didn't eat any. She was an inveterate thief (You can take the dog out of the ***** camp, but you can't take the ***** out of the dog).

Clodagh

Visit site
I forgot the day the Lab gate-crashed a party!
We used to walk the dogs along a private road/bridlepath which went into a wood, just outside the wood was a house, whose owners liked to talk to the dogs. One warm, summer day we were walking the dogs as usual, they had been off lead walking along the bridleway, gathered them up to walk to heel past the house, realised that there were more cars than usual parked outside, then saw a yellow tail disappearing through the kitchen door, she popped back out of open French window from the sitting room. We never did find out what she did while she was inside but fortunately there was no irate house-owner following her out of the house.

Brandy again went and joined a frightfully nice family for a picnic at the point to point. We were helping so not paying attention and she just went and sat down and shared. And drooled politely on their frightfully nice picnic blanket.

Clodagh

Visit site
I am sure I have said this one before, but years ago when we walked foxhounds we also had a B&B business in a small converted barn.
They were ready to go back to kennels and managed to get out of their run. They spent a happy couple of hours hunting in the spinney and trawling the black and murky pond and then came home, starving, to find some lovely people eating breakfast with the door open. They joined them. I am glad Tripadvisor was not invented back then!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
And the Rotters are terrible thieves, not so much of food but of cardboard, so sometimes they find a food bonus. I have collected packets of tights, coffee, biscuits, teabags and a million other things out of the yard, where they have taken them.

The most expensive incident though was when one of them 'kissed' a sheep on Dad's TV and damaged the LCD screen. Dad laughed and managed with a blob in the corner of the screen for a week, until the blob leaked and nothing useful could be seen. He also laughed when the same Rotter nibbled the corner of his leather footstool, while sitting in front of the TV. You can see why we call them 'Rotters'. They stole a very nice, smart grey high-heeled shoe and ate it too.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Pretty much nothing in our house is stored below "The Spaniel Line"....

Another classic Sprollie moment... burnt his nose licking the fat out of the tray under the George Foreman grill! He looked like Rudolf. He'd been so sly about it it took me ages to figure out what on earth was wrong with his nose... The grill is now cleaned and stowed away immediately after use!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Having a lovely walk on a sunny day in the local park, lots of families having picnics. Brig dog was doing his own thing as we trained the youngsters. A lady came over and said ‘Sorry, but your dog just ate my son’s sausage roll’. He’d taken it out of a small child’s hand. I offered to run home and get money, fortunately the lady just wanted him kept away!

At the river one day, Brig smashed into a fisherman’s stuff, tipped over his tin of sweet corn and started gulping it down. Horrendous. I was so ashamed! He then pelted upstream, ruining the tranquil fishing experience of two young lads whose fish 🎣 were all frightened away.👀

Karran

Visit site
Mrs Spaniel when newly arrived thought it was acceptable behaviour to leap onto laps and from there onto the table whilst we were eating to join in Sunday Dinner.

I bought her a raw pig trotter, thought nothing of it, she threw it up whilst on the m25. Then helpfully she tried to tidy up her mess whilst I was frantically trying to reach the next service station to pull over. Unfortunately the mess didn't stay in the second time either and it was 25 minutes to the next services!