Theft - Bedfordshire!!

Claireg9

Visit site
Please be vigilant - We had our tack lockers broken into last night (Approx between midnight and 2am) All tack was stolen somewhere between 20 and 50 saddles and bridles. If anyone sore anything (Shillington Bedfordshire) please PM me. Be careful what you buy i will up date you on what was taken but there are jumping, dressage and GP saddles to name a few.
3 other local stables were done over last night too so theres more going around!
My tack included a brand new Ideal saddle company saddle in black leather (Saddle No 3905) Style Grandee, 17inch Jumping saddle (Close contact). it had a sheep skin half pad numnah on it and was less than 12 months old. Perfect condition!
It also had a brand new GFS Leather girth on it!
Leather Heritage stirrup leathers which had been cut down as to long and holes added and Sprenger style stirrup irons!
there was also a new Shires bridle which was less than 12 months old with a grackle nose band also in black!
I have had more stuff taken but this is the most important so please PM me if you know anything!
Thank you Claire

gemma1992

Visit site
I don't know anything but will keep an eye out.
I'm really sorry to her about the incident. Stupid gay idiots with nothing better to do.

I'll inform both of my stables as they're in MK.

katelarge

Visit site
We are over the Cambs/Beds border but I'll let my yard manager know too. I'm so sorry to hear about your tack, I keep mine at home as it's such a worry, hopefully your insurers will be able to help you out?

BTW I very much doubt it's gay men doing this! More likely the "let's pretend-they-are-all-lovely-people-pursuing-a-valid-alternative-lifestyle-when-we-all-know-they-are-theiving-lowlifes" crowd.

Might be an idea to call up all the big local saddleries and warn them too.

big hugs xx

Aleka81

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
BTW I very much doubt it's gay men doing this! More likely the "let's pretend-they-are-all-lovely-people-pursuing-a-valid-alternative-lifestyle-when-we-all-know-they-are-theiving-lowlifes" crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

My my aren't we judgmental!

Claireg9

Visit site
thansk guys, the police reckon its gypsy's!

But its hard to tell. TBH i kept my tacj there as it has two paddlocks on a big metal enclosure with safety boxes over the locks so you cant just cut them off easily, it is thens stored in a double locked cabinet which is like a big gun locker, the place is alarmed and has two gates to get through before you get onto the yard, so i thought it was alot safer than my tack room at home which is locked by only one paddlock!

But if they want it, they'll get it! Just hate people who cant keep there mits to thereselves, its not theres they didnt work for it why should they have it?
I've worked out about £3000 has been taken of mine, and my insurance only covers upto £1500 assuming they'll pay out!

grrrrr im sooooo angry!!!
But at least my girls are ok!

Claireg9

Visit site
hey hey guys lets not argue, they could be Gay, Black, White, Asian, innocent, pink with green spots! It doesnt matter who it was just that there scum of the earth!!!!
And if i ever caught them god forbid, i swear id cut there hands off so they couldnt do it again!!

Sooty

Visit site
We are in Bedfordshire, and the other evening a minicab came down our very quiet, dead end road, and the driver asked the way back to the main road!! Hello - you are a taxi driver! He then asked if we did riding lessons, so I said no, the horses were just pets. Thought it was odd at the time...

katelarge

Visit site
Oh god I am turning into an old woman! I do agree that we mustn't have the "theiving gypsy b******s/deeply misunderstood knights of the road" argument yet again! Just had a mental image of lots of guys in very tight vests all squeezing into a tack room by torchlight and trying to be quiet while calling each other "girl-FRIEND". Very unlikely!

I've not been robbed yet so I can only imagein how outraged you must be - I hate theives more than anyhing, It's the "you worked really hard to buy that and now I'm going to take it off you" thing that really galls... x

JessPickle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ah, I think this may be the 21st century definition of gay, meaning stupid. Wrong, but commonplace...

[/ QUOTE ]

UHHHHH that really bugs me when people say thats so gay, I am 16 and it seems very common in my generation but so out of context, and is only said because they cant think of anything else from a limited vocabulary

Sooty

Visit site
PMSL! Nah, one of them might break a nail on a saddle...
grin.gif

Deeply misunderstood knights of the road my *rse!

Sooty

Visit site
Very pleased to hear it! When I was young, back in the days of...well, a long time ago, gay meant happy. Then we had to learn that it meant homosexual, now it has another meaning. Poor word!

Claireg9

Visit site
looks like a yard in Gravenhurst was done too, but they only got away with one saddle and a yard on the A6 near clophill on the way out to Bedford was also done!

Claireg9

Visit site
Ok guys not to get mardy, but i am upset about this and trying to warn others in the area, so please could we stick to the topic, and if you wanna discuss the meaning of gay or other phrases make a new poll in the SB forum!
I think your being a little insensitive.

katelarge

Visit site
Sooty we are reading from the same songsheet here! As I've mentioned on other threads my husband is a defence lawyer for one of the big firms, covering Beds/Cambs/Herts.

Since meeting him my eyes have been opened to some VERY big home truths which have made me realise there is the world as we would LIKE to see it - everyone is potentially good, etc - and the world as it really IS - ie, many people are loathsome and plain enjoy hurting others!

Claireg9

Visit site
i know you did, but you can appreciate how upsetting this is, it doesnt feel like my yard is safe anymore and i have to keep my horses there. So its not just the tack that upsets me. But i want people to read whats missing so they dont buy it or could give me info, not get bored with the endless posts about the meaning of gay. Sorry to jump but i am tetchy at the moment!

vicster

Visit site
I am really sorry to hear that - not around that area but you never where people will travel for money - just to let you know we bought some chips and these stickers which you put in your tack so that they can be traced they are brilliant and only cost about £8.50 each i have one chip inserted into my saddle and 2 stickers on either side which leave an embedded mark so someone would be able to tell it had been stolen. Just thought it might of help for future
smile.gif

vicster

Visit site
I am not sure but i can find out our yard owner ordered them for us and we paid her direct - The chips are brilliant it looks like a little needle (syringe kinda thing) you insert it into your saddle somewhere of your choice and it inserts a chip, the stickers are good they have this special ink on them when you stick them inside your saddle they have writing on which slowly gets transfered into the leather or synthetic apparently if they are stolen it is very easy to trace them. Will find out for you tonight and PM you about it tomorrow

Accy

Visit site
Im really sorry to hear this, even though i am away in the essex area its close enough.

I hope you get the items back i know this is a distant dream or your insurance cough up towards replacing the items and im glad your horses are ok.

Take Care

miss_bird

Visit site
So sorry to hear i know how you feel it is sooo bloody awful, this happened to me a few years ago, same prob as you had tack insured for £1500 but when i got burgled had brought plenty of other stuff up to value of about £3500. insurance company did pay out after about a month but had to list every thing that was stolen and they only pay £1000.
Another idea to try and find some of you stuff is to make a list with discriptions and fax or email the list to as may places as possible that buy second hand tack, these people have to offload it somewhere they will prob take to various second hand places all over the country so maybe also put the list on here and everyone could print off and take to any shops that sell second hand goods. Has to be worth a try if you onlny get a few key pieces back

Prudence

Visit site
OMG! That's awful!!! I'm so sorry! Was everything taken, or just tack? What I mean is, as it's coming up to winter, do you all still have your rugs?

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
All horseowners should have their tack marked with their home postcode and also micro-chipped. That way when it is found it can be identified. You would be suprised how much tack has been found but can not be identified because it is not marked. Your local police station will advise you which officer is in charge of tack marking.

charliesangel

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

what make were the chips? and where from?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have those too! They are called saddle bugs and they have a central register, which you send your details to which makes it even easier to trace.

I have the website address somewhere and will post it when I find it!

I hope that the bar stewards who did it get caught!! I lived in bedford up until 2 years ago and i think it has gone downhill!!