There are 2 types of horses... Just for fun!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I was having a lovely ride out on H today. We did a route we haven't done for a while and, on the way home, the bridleway was somewhat overgrown.

I have a habit with this, that I will break off any branches I can, as I ride along. BH is a lovely youngster, and quite mellow. I have had some horses in the past that I would not have DREAMED of snapping off branches when riding, it would have ended in disaster!

It made me think... There are 2 types of horses in this world, one type would panic if you broke a branch above his/her head, the other would try to snack on it!

Made me think of some other ways that there are 2 types of horse...

One type would panic and dump you if you lose your balance, the other would do their utmost to keep you in the plate (not sure where BH would be on that just yet).

One type can have a month off and go for a relaxed ride, the other would need counselling that the holiday was over.

Any others?

There are two types of horses, one type...

FFAQ

Visit site
There are 2 types of horses in this world. One type would eat anything, including their own foot given half a chance. The other needs organic balancer grown on the tip of Mount everest, harvested on a blood moon on the 12th hour of the 12th day of the 12th month, served on a bed of chaff harvested by unicorns.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
There are 2 types of horses in this world. One type would eat anything, including their own foot given half a chance. The other needs organic balancer grown on the tip of Mount everest, harvested on a blood moon on the 12th hour of the 12th day of the 12th month, served on a bed of chaff harvested by unicorns.

LOL. Rigsby would eat me if I stood still long enough! But I have had another horse who actually had the feed grown on the Alps, with flowers and organic air. I LOL at myself. ?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
What a great thread!

I got beaten to the food, I have the harvested by unicorns one, its a pain!

There are two types of cross country horses, one type you point them at the fence and tell them to jump, the other starts scanning for the next flagged fence as you land the last one.

Peglo

Visit site
Ones that run away from cows and ones that try to lick their faces.....Albeit the majority fall into the run away kind in my experience

069742CF-7D88-4A0F-93FC-200538629AB0.jpg
my TB loved cows. She would flirt with them. Also loved her mane and tail being pulled.

there are 2 types of horses. Those that look up when you shout (one even knew my car) and those you can have for 18 years and they still refuse to acknowledge you…. Unless you’ve got a bucket.

Pippity

Visit site

Mine will eat anything she finds in a hedgerow but nothing I put in a bucket!

catkin

Visit site
There are 2 types of horses

Those who are born supervisors and have to closely inspect everything that anyone they pass is doing.. And those that have an attack of the vapours if something looks at them funny.

There are also those who think that a village carnival band dressed as yellow munchkins is (or should be) the most normal everyday occurrence. And those who are not Welsh.

Fieldlife

Visit site
I was having a lovely ride out on H today. We did a route we haven't done for a while and, on the way home, the bridleway was somewhat overgrown.

I have a habit with this, that I will break off any branches I can, as I ride along. BH is a lovely youngster, and quite mellow. I have had some horses in the past that I would not have DREAMED of snapping off branches when riding, it would have ended in disaster!

There are two types of horses, one type...

I used to regularly ride under some low hanging edible branches - willow, beech, hazel, ash etc. I used to break off small branches for horses to eat. Gathering an armful to take back with us. Horses quickly supported this game! But we did used to spook other horses we past laden with branches! Except the ones that automatically saw food.

There are two types of horses - those that can stand on 3 legs whilst you trim / clean foot, and those that sometimes think that is too much effort to balance and start to sit / lie down as easiest option. Guess which I own?