There are two types of horses...

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Awww. I panic when my idiot siblings get rope over their heads, but when cobbler does the same just chuckle ?

Yup. If The Beast does this... pandemonium ensues. (Watch her like a hawk if she starts trying to eat floor hay and usually move the floor hay asap). MrT just stood and looked a bit confused.

scruffyponies

Visit site
Definitely. These latter also tend to be the ones that stop and investigate a new thing before doing anything drastic, rather than throw their heads in the air and taking off at speed in the opposite direction without actually looking at it.
Usually, I would say this is a good thing, but this weekend I have a hole in my tractor seat as a result of it being 'investigated' in the field whilst ragwort picking, and now I'm not so sure.

Auslander

Visit site
Urggh. Alf would be in the next county, with half the wall accompanying him!
He is a smart, sensible horse, who doesn't bat an eyelid at things many horses find terrifying. Getting a rope caught over his head, ir under his own foot - and his brain falls out completely - there is a reason he has a very expensive headcollar and rope which are connected by magnets...