Thermatex rugs - am I selfish?

S_N

Visit site
I have 2, do I really need them both for one horse? The larger one (6'3") is a bit too big for B, I think Tops stretched it a bit. I keep thinking that one day I will have a bigger horse again, but that could be ages off! I mean, if B's next foal is a keeper, well it's not even been concieved yet, so 2yrs before it hits the ground, then another 4/5 years before it MIGHT be big enough to for this rug.......... Should I sell it?

I_A_P

Visit site
you could give it to me
smile.gif

RunToEarth

Visit site
Dont sell it you muppet. I have two therms, both a tinsy bit bigger than Oshk. But they were bought back when thermatex could be bought for £50, they still work the same as todays thermatex which cost...double? Selling it would be silly, cause you can guarentee that when you've sold it...you'll need it again

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
... Also, if you sell it, you won't get what a new one costs, so when it comes time to get another one you'll be spending more money than necessary.
I sold loads of stuff (had the good sense to hang on to all the rugs) before I came out here and I soooooooo regret it!

sevenoceans

Visit site
Keep it silly mare!!! Buck got 6 ft one (green with marron binding and few patches) would consider swap!!! his doesn't cover his arse! But hey i did have 2 thermatex i sold one to seabiscuit cos i am convinced that i won't get any smaller horse than 16.2h if i get new one for buck (probably will!!) i am keeping the old one anyway it's the best rug in the world. I had mine for 12 years and still going strong..

filly190

Visit site
No, I dont sell any of my rugs "just in case". What you get for them second hand is'nt much, and the "just in case" when you have sold always crops up and you wish you had'nt. My horses take 7ft and I have rugs from 6ft onwards. Having just bought a yearling, I am glad they are saved.

However I do have a 6.9" rambo with neck that is never going to see any of my horses ever again. I keep it for the "just in case". Silly of me, but things can change and I have worked hard to afford the rugs. So the collection grows.

Hang on to it.

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
keep it!!!

I was lucky to get a 2nd hand one in fantastic condition for £15 still not sure how but I did!! maybe because its 7foot but still! Had wanted one for years but could never really afford the luxury.

6'3" is just one of those sizes you just know you will need again at some point so definetly keep it although i'm sure there are several willing volunteers to rug sit who you could instruct must clean it regulary and return it in good condition or replace
wink.gif

horsegirl

Visit site
Why would this be selfish? They are your rugs right? You are not talking about refusing to lend one to someone as a 1 off which might be considered selfish but keeping 2 rugs that you have bought can't possibly be classed as selfish.