They voted with their feet.....

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Despite the fact that I have four on 2 acres (and wasn't expecting old Bigfoot Cam home this Winter), with careful management, we do still have some grass. They are all out for about 6-8 hours a day. This time last year they were out 24/7, but needs must and all that. That said, it is pretty squelchy out there and the boys decided to let themselves into the school. Can't say I blame them really, although Princess Cassie was quite shocked by their behaviour and was having nothing to do with it. ;)

29597411_1056244734514553_3223456679026728912_n.jpg

29594521_1056194737852886_2907011046131365521_n.jpg

29573051_1056194754519551_3135810386083187928_n.jpg

29597948_1056194787852881_7336478686683197590_n.jpg

I didn't have the heart to move them. :D

Last edited:

ponyparty

Visit site
So often, they know what's best for them!
My boy doesn't want to go into his field, it's so wet at the moment. You have to practically push him through the gate. And when it's time to bring in, he sensibly stands away from the really poached, muddy bit by the gate. When I get to the gate he walks along the perimeter of where it gets really muddy and wet, looking for a way around it, to get to the gate without getting soaked - but there is none, he has to come through it if he wants to come in :( I soooo wish I had the option of some hard standing for him!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
So cute bless them the one left in the field has a very concerned look on her face, mine have been standing on the hard standing a lot over the last week to keep off the mud.

meleeka

Visit site
Mine haven’t ventured out much this week. I can see grass growing now but they obviously can’t be bothered to traipse through the mud to get there.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
So often, they know what's best for them!
My boy doesn't want to go into his field, it's so wet at the moment. You have to practically push him through the gate. And when it's time to bring in, he sensibly stands away from the really poached, muddy bit by the gate. When I get to the gate he walks along the perimeter of where it gets really muddy and wet, looking for a way around it, to get to the gate without getting soaked - but there is none, he has to come through it if he wants to come in :( I soooo wish I had the option of some hard standing for him!

Thankfully I have a wood chip area by the gate - it's about 2' deep, surrounded by railway sleepers and the bottom is lined with rubber grass mats so no mud can get through. My son installed it for me a couple of years ago and it's been amazing. I don't miss the days before it was put in as the run off from the yard accumulated there. :)

So cute bless them the one left in the field has a very concerned look on her face, mine have been standing on the hard standing a lot over the last week to keep off the mud.

I think she was more shocked that they had stopped eating. It's the same sort of shocked expression she has on her face when she sees horses cavorting around and not eating. I still had to walk to the top of her paddock to get her even when all the others had come in. Yep, she still had her head down munching. ;)

Mine haven’t ventured out much this week. I can see grass growing now but they obviously can’t be bothered to traipse through the mud to get there.

It is gradually coming through in my two unused paddocks which were grazed up until the end of November and will now be rested for a year - it's very slow progress though. :(

Cecile

Visit site
Such lovely photo's their expressions are classic
The grey in the last photo would melt my heart daily with those wonderful big eyes

Cecile

Visit site
Thank you. He was my now 6'1" rugby playing son's first pony! I adore him, but his greatest skill is giving a short squeal then spinning and ditching small people. :eek:

Even better not only gorgeous but has a character too, not surprised you adore him :D