thin line or matte

VRIN

Visit site
I am looking at buying a thin pad for my saddle. I am looking at these 2 can anyone recommend (or not) with of these?

VRIN

Visit site
Just the basic thinking half pad and the matte correction pad without shims. Just need something thin - I was using a thicker numnah with my saddle but it didn't fit well so replace with a thinner numnah and just need a bit of extra thickness.

VRIN

Visit site
How about this one:-

http://prolitepads.com/balance-altering-relief-pads/28-multi-riser-pad

If you take out all the shims it is quite a thin pad. We use it on my daughter's mare as she seems to prefer having that extra bit of cushioning even though the saddle fitted perfectly.
Our saddler always checks her saddle with the pad on.
Ah I have one of those - didn't give it a thought - I shall try it. I had a new saddle fitted just recently and we used a slightly thicker numnah at the fitting but want to use a different style of numnah as the shape is a better match with the saddle. Fingers crossed

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Thinline outperforms Prolite every time. It is much thinner yet the same or better performance (not directly tested them against each other but Thinline is MUCH more shock absorbing material). I would ask your saddle fitter's advice, Mattes (always with the S :)) and Thinline are quite different products, both are medical grade sheepskin, Mattes is just sheepskin, Thinline makes a variety of pads.

VRIN

Visit site
Thinline outperforms Prolite every time. It is much thinner yet the same or better performance (not directly tested them against each other but Thinline is MUCH more shock absorbing material). I would ask your saddle fitter's advice, Mattes (always with the S :)) and Thinline are quite different products, both are medical grade sheepskin, Mattes is just sheepskin, Thinline makes a variety of pads.

Thanks.