Things found in feed, what would you do?

Louby

Visit site
Found a big plastic thing thing the other day in my bag of chaff so binned it thinking nothing really of it but was stood next to my horse whilst she was eating her tea and heard a crunch and she spat out what looked like a small piece of coal but much harder. It has to be from the chaff, it smelt like it and definately wasnt a hard lump of mollasses, Im more concerned she could potentially have damaged a tooth and after buying a young horse years ago with a fractured molar I really wouldnt want to go through that again. It wasnt a cheap bag of chaff, its from a reputable company.
Would you contact the company? Im not after anything and hopefully everything will be ok with my horse but I keep thinking if I dont let the company know now and god forbid she has damaged a tooth I wont have any comeback.

Louby

Visit site
Lol at stormy stream
Had to think about that one ha ha. Yes it is! Didnt want to name but its the 2nd time Ive had a problem now, last time the chaff was like sweepings up, so I contacted them and their reply seemed a bit flustered, offered to send me a new bag but I never got one. Im not bothered about a replacement this time, just didnt buy this brand for a while but she likes it so ended up getting another. I deffo wont be buying anymore!
Will contact them then, as I did feel a bit like a serial complainer having complained once before :)

HBB

Visit site
is this from a stormy stream type company? because I have this complaint often about them-if it is them, don't expect much in the way of response.

I've had many problems with this company and their products.
Currently using their chaff but 2 bags, one after the other, have had big mouldy clumps and the bag was tainted with a mouldy smell.

I'm the same Louby, I'll not be buying anymore.

Louby

Visit site
Wow, I didnt realise there had been so many issues! I honestly thought it was a decent company, better product, natural this that, no mollasses and certainly not cheap compared to others. I need to get the batch number and date off the bag and will then contact them and Ive kept the stone/coal or whatever it is. The desicated carrot is a joke!! Im not expecting or want anything, I just want it logged god forbid we do have a problem. She crunched and proper flinched, then it dropped out of her mouth and I know Im thinking the worse but after my experience with a young horse having a molar out, not good!! with the post op complications, I did think sh*t, please no :(

SWE

Visit site
Definitely contact them. I've spoken to our local agri shop before - I bought an own brand bag of alfa a which was pretty stale and stinky in places, took it back to them so they had the batch number (which they were very interested in) and gave me a give voucher for double the price of the Chaff! They'll want to know so they can make sure it doesn't happen again 😊

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
We’ve tested them with meadow magic in case but mum says it’s a bit gloopy!

Wouldn’t hold your breath on them wanting to know :p

SWE

Visit site
Sorry have later read the thread - sounds like they haven't reacted well in the past!

I'm having a blonde moment and am not getting the stormy stream reference 😂

Louby

Visit site
This mans childish loony behaviour is what put me off this company very unprofessional.
lol, it was a man last time I contacted them, all started off well, very polite, replied very quickly, offered me a replacement bag but didnt ask my address, so replied giving the info, all got a bit confusing and I got the impression the poor bloke was totally stressed out, so just left it at that :)

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
Not sure the company but I’d defiantly complain!

I found sweet wrappers in a bag of Dengie recently. The company couldn’t have been nicer and for the second time (I’ve had problems before) they sent me vouchers for two free bags of chaff.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
If I bought something like this from a retailer, I'd contact both the retailer and the manufacturer. The consumer's contract is with the retailer, so it's the retailer's legal obligation to refund or replace the goods. The retailer should contact the manufacturer with the batch number so that stuff still in the processing facility can be inspected and a recall can be issued if necessary.

If the retailer behaves badly, then it's off to Trading Standards. If the manufacturer behaves badly, then it's off to the manufacturer's FaceAche page, the local paper and radio station...

Leo Walker

Visit site
one member of the company sees fit to stalk people on FB and doesn't react well to any criticism, very unprofessional. I'd say stick with Agrobs too but that might not be possible for much longer-must go and stock up!

Yup. He is blocked by me but he gets people to screenshot any comments I make. Hes had things removed off 2 forums that I know of and lots of facebook pages wont even allow the companies name to be mentioned. He goes in all guns blazing threatening all sorts so most people remove it for an easier life. And then they get away with it.

I will say that my local feed shop is stopping selling it as they dont sell enough to make it worth while so I live in hope that people are starting to realise that the feed is nothing special and the customer service is horrific!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Recently found out that local shop can get agrobs in, mum said oh she said there’s something very like it but can’t remember brand. I’ve informed her that if it is TB we don’t buy that for moral reasons :p

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Yup. He is blocked by me but he gets people to screenshot any comments I make. Hes had things removed off 2 forums that I know of and lots of facebook pages wont even allow the companies name to be mentioned. He goes in all guns blazing threatening all sorts so most people remove it for an easier life. And then they get away with it.

So he's a bully, and nobody stands up to him and the company he represents... Not ideal.

But on the other hand, you don't really have to mention his company name, you can simply recommend the good feed companies and recommend staying away from the-firm-that-cannot-be-named.