Things found in feed, what would you do?

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
People like reasoning though, so sometimes it is useful to explain why their balancer won’t suit some horses/situations, particularly if they are already feeding it and asking a much wider question that’s just ‘what should I feed’

holeymoley

Visit site
I’ve never used anything from the brand you’re talking about. I did receive a drinks cup in a very well known brand of haylage and the second bag smelt a bit strange so I contacted the company with the batch numbers and the lady was really nice, she researched where it was made and if any other complaints had been logged and even sent out a voucher for 2 free bags.

Louby

Visit site
Gosh I seriously didnt realise this company had such a bad rep. I am going to contact them tomorrow so lets see what happens. I didnt want to slander them and I never wanted anything back, just thought I needed to report whats happened, just in case something did happen to my horse. Hopefully she will be fine as I dont feel very confident with the company now. Thanks for all your replies.

3OldPonies

Visit site
Met this person once at RWHS, feed looked OK TBH, but the attitude stank. Was only interested in really large orders, couldn't be arsed with people who would only be buying for one or two horses.

After reading all the problems everyone has been having, in glad I didn't persevere in taking my interest forwards.

Fransurrey

Visit site
I won't buy from them after attending a seminar they gave, years ago. The female component of the company who plays heavily on having a PhD was obnoxious. As I was working in gastro-intestinal disease research at the time I was really looking forward to a good discussion, but as soon as she found out what I did for a living she couldn't get away fast enough. A friend and I were left looking at each other in a WTF moment. Seeing the pseudoscience posts later (and also some rather nasty posts from her partner), it was clear she knew she couldn't hold her own against her peers or feed me marketing fairy dust.

I buy Agrobs when I want a top quality feed, although you'd do far worse that Pure Easy, for a grass chaff with bits in equivalent.

vhf

Visit site
I had a very minor issue with a bag of Honeychop Alfalfa, so raised it wit the company. Received a full explanation of what I'd seen, (which I found interesting) assurance it wouldn't have hurt my horse and two vouchers. Guess what, I'll continue to use them, and to recommend them. Good customer care is not rocket science is it!

Muddywellies

Visit site
I had problems with Agrobs chaff. Suddenly every bag I bought contained stones (it used to be fine). I raised it with my supplier who two or three times swapped the bags for me. Supplier raised it with Agrobs who flatly refused to accept there was a problem. I was made to feel that I was overreacting and they even said that as it was a natural product that it was to be accepted. My horse started picking through her feed very carefully as she was afraid to crunch on a stone. I used to have to sift through it with my fingers when putting it in her bowl. After my negative response from Agrobs I gave up and changed to Thunderbrooks (which I see have been mentioned above). No problems with it as yet.

Shavings

Visit site
i dont feed from the stormy stream company but a friend found a pen in one of her bags and another livery found a lump of plastic in hers.
i have seen a number of people commenting on it and i did see they posted on there facebook saying it was due to ones that had been cut from the edge of the field.. ok so a twig maybe but a pen?
who knew pens knew in hedges on sides of fields because i sure didnt?!

Reactions: TPO

Fiona

Visit site
Have you got the bag? I'd contact the company with batch number, even if your horse is fine there may be others and multiple complaints might help their cases! Plus if you've got a batch number the company may be able to trace an issue.

I'd definitely agree with this...

Fiona

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
are they? where from, redrufus?

Yes, I just called and said no one locally stocked it. They were really helpful and once they had confirmed that I was correct they said they would post, and sent a stack of samples too.

Never had an issue with Agrobs, although the description of the muesli does read like a fairy tale unicorn feed :p

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
The guinea pigs love the museli, though they’ve only ever had sample bags ;)

We have got it direct from RR for a long time but the postage just increased and local shop who isn’t on the stockists (none round here) said they could get it with notice

w1bbler

Visit site
Can't abide bad customer service, every company makes mistakes, its how you deal with it that counts.
Last year I found a length of barbed wire in a bag of hayledge 😯. Emailed the company, there reply was super apologetic & they sent me a voucher for 6! free bales

Louby

Visit site
Thanks Ester, I would have been happy with something like, thanks for your email, we take thing like this seriously and will look into how it could have happened to ensure it doesnt happen again. Just an acknowledgement would have been nice.
Needless to say another customer lost, just praying my girls teeth are ok. I will keep an eye on her and have screenshot my email to them just in case as because its through their website, it sends and thats it, gone.

LittleBlackMule

Visit site
I bought a bag of TB chaff recently as my local merchant stocks it, it’s full of dried oak leaves. Looking at others experiences I doubt there’s any point contacting them.
I’ll stick with Agrobs in future even though it’s harder to get.

Louby

Visit site
I bought a bag of TB chaff recently as my local merchant stocks it, it’s full of dried oak leaves. Looking at others experiences I doubt there’s any point contacting them.
I’ll stick with Agrobs in future even though it’s harder to get.

Wow, thats bad, I wont be buying anymore, I used to get it a few years back nd never had a problem, looks like they have gone downhill.
I think its worth you contacting them, I did over a different bag a few months back because it was just like the sweepings up and they got back to me straight away which is why I was a bit shocked this time

Fiona

Visit site
I remember contacting Allen & Page about feed quality in a certain batch a few years back, and we got a fulsome apology and some vouchers back within quite a quick timeframe.

We kept buying the feed, and never had another problem.

Such bad customer service on your part Louby :(

FIona

Louby

Visit site
I remember contacting Allen & Page about feed quality in a certain batch a few years back, and we got a fulsome apology and some vouchers back within quite a quick timeframe.

We kept buying the feed, and never had another problem.

Such bad customer service on your part Louby :(

FIona
Thanks Fiona, its bad isnt it. I wouldnt mind but I actually said in the message that I wasnt asking for a replacement, so it wasnt like I was asking for anything. I did however mention that I hoped my horse hadnt damaged her teeth crunching on a stone, so it looks like their reaction is to just ignore it and pretend it hasnt happened or that they havent seen it lol.
Its really bad that they couldnt be bothered to acknowledge my concerns.