think we've cracked hacking alone :-D

mandwhy

Visit site
Just a little happy post, had my lovely new horse 6 months and hardly ridden her really as I tended to chicken out unless there was company (not being on a yard and it being winter this wasn't that often) so I thought that's fine, I'm taking it slow after breaking my arm in a stupidly mundane fall, I can still walk her out in hand and get used to traffic as she came from a home with lovely off road hacking and our roads are pretty mega!

The confidence was somewhat more elusive in coming back than expected and after months of feeling there was danger around every corner (riding was the least of my concerns!) I decided to throw caution and a fair amount of money to the wind and have hypnotherapy.

Feeling much better in general I suppose I expected my riding confidence to come back straight away, the horse has been ready for it for a while really, but I finally feel not worried, hooray! So today I thought I'd just potter down the village and back, my BF came on foot just to make sure (yay for lighter evenings!), and it was lovely, and I feel really good now and like I want to do it again as soon as I can, and I am looking into buying some jumps, yes JUMPS!

That is all :-D

suffolkmare

Visit site
Well done! We have been waiting for our hacking tracks (field edges) to dry out enough for riding as the farmer doesn't want us churning them up, now they are just about ok and I am only just riding again after illness. I don't feel quite strong/fit enough to take our boy on his first proper (not just walking) outing. He is really only used to the arenas and short woodland ride, and goes into hyperalert mode when he goes beyond his normal "boundaries" so I need to feel able to cope with spooks, and prevent him heading home at top speed, so I can understand how you've felt.
Def buy some jumps, just have some fun with them, bring out the inner course-designer in your BF! :)

mandwhy

Visit site
Thanks guys :)

Haha I am excited about the jumping as I haven't done any in aaages! My girl is very stubborn to school at this stage, she just hates it so I don't want to force it and make it stressful for both of us so just been hacking so far, but her old owner says she is likely to find her enthusiasm if there are jumps, so although I was thinking dressage I now kind of realise I was avoiding the jumping for pansy reasons and if she enjoys it then I'll give it a bloody good go!