Thinking positively does really work!

vivhewe

Visit site
I didn't think it would make a sh:t of difference but I was riding today and said to myself 'think positive' and not negatively.

So I did! Instead of looking at what might go wrong I got on with it and thought positively. Instead of only doing flatwork because I can hardly motivate myself to jump becuase *omg* it is so scary I decided to put a tiny X pole up, and I trotted him up to it and kicked on and we cleared it!

So I put it up a bit bigger and we did it again and Danny was loving it! So we managed to clear the same height of jumps as I will need to clear on Sunday at the show so I was really pleased
grin.gif

So I've had a good day and I feel loads more positive about my riding. Does anyone else know any positive thinking exercises to do in the saddle?

viv x

izzyxxx

Visit site
i always think positivly after going on a western riding holiday the woman said even if your horse is going slow dont think "oh please go faster you are too slow" you should think "yes look how fast were going faster faster" it sounds soo silly but really works and i have found that my mare responds to laughing if you laugh she goes faster lol

AliJo

Visit site
That is the only way I got my pony to stop napping! I now get on and think 'we are going down the road, no matter what' and really ride her on positively. If I do hesitate for a second about something that I think may frighten her then she stops. It's amazing just how much they do pick up on what you're thinking.
shocked.gif
Well done and keep up the good vibes.

clipclop

Visit site
"Feel the fear and do it anyway" by Susan Jeffers.

It is the best positive thinking book I have ever read.

It isn't pointed towards riding but to all aspects of life. I keep re-reading parts of it for inspiration when I am slipping back to negative ways.
grin.gif

I recently bought Noel Edmonds book, but as good as it's intentions are I found it dull in comparision to the other book.

Good luck with the positive thinking though, it certainly does work.
smile.gif

All the best
C x
smile.gif