Third Time Lucky

J_sarahd

Visit site
I am so excited to introduce this little lady.

This is Nova, she’s a 15.2 3 year old Thoroughbred. She is quite honestly the calmest mare I have ever met in my life.

I tried her on Monday and instantly fell in love with how calm she is, especially for a 3 year old TB. I know she will probably spice up as she gets fitter but for now, she’s very easy to handle.

Going to go really slow with her and do lots of groundwork and then hacking until next year when I will introduce more schooling etc. But I am just excited to get to know her.

I do need some passport name ideas - she’s currently unnamed in her passport. She is out of Golden Secret and by Adaay - and her stable name is Nova. So any ideas please??
B6177DB7-BC02-46A8-B2BE-9304C560D9A0.jpeg

Squeak

Visit site
She's absolutely lovely. Can't wait to see your progress and journey with her.

I've known a few ex-racers that were just chilled, calm horses so I reckon there's a good chance that she is who she is and wont hot up :)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Congratulations! She looks very sweet.

Honey Monday, just cos I like how it scans.

Horseysheepy

Visit site
She is beautiful.

Hope you have lots of fun together.

I have thoroughbred types now after years of native pony types and they are such gentle horses with great manners.

J_sarahd

Visit site
Thanks everyone. Some lovely names suggested!!

We had a bit of a pamper session today but she really stresses when other horses leave her. She does settle in time but the first 5/10 minutes of them leaving she is not happy. Is it just a case of it should get better with keeping her in a routine? My old boy couldnt give two tosses about other horses

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
she's only 3, and in a new home where everything is strange, i would think that being anxious without any other horses around is completely normal at this stage, she probably sees them as a bit of a security blanket. i would just quietly continue with her and not be too ambitious at this stage while she adjusts to her new life.

J_sarahd

Visit site
she's only 3, and in a new home where everything is strange, i would think that being anxious without any other horses around is completely normal at this stage, she probably sees them as a bit of a security blanket. i would just quietly continue with her and not be too ambitious at this stage while she adjusts to her new life.

Thought so and knew it was just me overstressing. Yeah the plan for the next few weeks is to keep her in a routine and do very simple things with her like grooming, introducing to hose, fly spray etc and then working in hand in the school.