This can't possibly work!

MidnightStar

Visit site
Apologies for the rant but...

I was reading the Metro (free London paper from the Tube) about the road tax a couple of days ago and saw that the plonkers in charge of the country are going to try charging £1.25/mile if they can.
mad.gif

Sorry, but how is that possibly going to work?! Ok, so we all have a little box in the car (which costs money and can, fairly obviously, be switched off by a computer boffin if not by us with a sledge hammer...)

Next problem, how are we going to be traced? Satellites aren't capable of tracking all the cars that accurately and there are plenty of roads which go under motorways for good long distances - how are they going to know which road you're on?!

Also, how are they planning on billing us? All it'll take is everyone saying 'I wasn't on that road at such and such a time...' and the whole lot will go to pot.

Oh, and what about all the foreign cars? How will they be charged? Or do we just ban everyone from driving completely?!

I can't help feeling we should all switch to using helicopters and private jets... might be easier even if it will be a tad more expensive...
frown.gif

Sorry for the rant but really, what is this country coming to?

MS