This does make me very sad

NeilM

Visit site
I actually feel very sorry for the horse. He has been taken from familiar surroundings, people and other horses, moved half way across Europe and is now supposed to perform to his best while still trying to readjust.

I accept that he is used to travelling, but usually he would have his groom(s), rider and support crew. The poor lad must wonder what the hell is going on.

I guess this is what happens when an animal becomes a commodity. It's happened before and it will happen again, still not a very kind thing to do.

amage

Visit site
"I actually feel very sorry for the horse. He has been taken from familiar surroundings, people and other horses, moved half way across Europe and is now supposed to perform to his best while still trying to readjust.

I accept that he is used to travelling, but usually he would have his groom(s), rider and support crew. The poor lad must wonder what the hell is going on.

I guess this is what happens when an animal becomes a commodity. It's happened before and it will happen again, still not a very kind thing to do."

There are horses sold everyday of the week to all the corners of the world. While it is very sad that Toto and Edward's partnership has been broken up they are not the first, won't be the last and the horse looks fabulous in that picture with Paul. He will want for nothing and given the lack of interest in breeding of his previous owners this is going to provide the best platform to get his stud career going and give longevity to his genes! And if he does go on to compete for germany...well Halfstep your signature says it all!!

MillionDollar

Visit site
I TOTALLY agree it is very very sad! But I do also agree with amage. After all it is Edward's job. As a pro you will lose horses, it's just part of it and yes it is so so sad, but life goes on and I'm pretty sure Toto will live like a King.

Weezy

Visit site
It is very sad - however, Edward always knew the horse was for sale, and he could have worked at finding a buyer to keep the horse with him....

As for Toto - he will live like a king with Paul, that goes without saying.

kerilli

Visit site
Link to the news programme, can anyone translate? It is on at about 12.30 mins into the programme
http://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/sendungen/niedersachsen_1800/ndsmag7437.html

I'm sure more fluent people than me will be along, but they say he's been there since Monday, and Anja says that she's ridden lots of wonderful horses in her time there (nearly ten years I think she said) but that riding him for the first time was "the greatest moment of her life". Then Paul S talks about seeing how many mares they will have in Germany put forward to him. I can't work out what the last sentence means, something about Totilas looking forward to the new year?

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
see now its literally a 1min snippet news story on the i presume local evening news. Now to be honest had he been brought by brit the local news channel would want to do a similar story. I would be certain the news channel approached PS rather than the other way round!

I feel sorry for Edward without question but end of the day Toto is a horse who has been sold, he isn't the first and won't be the last, and from that photo and the short clip of him being ridden he looks very happy and relaxed, so not suffering in any way, the only difference from any other horse is that he happens to be the world champion and one of the (if not the) most talented dressage horses ever known. We all know he will be treated like a king.