This is not manipulated this is called ..You name it...

FrodoBeutlin

Visit site
Gosh. Speechless. And sad.

(But Sunshine's comment really made me laugh.

"Don't just buy your main competitor's best horse but use the freestyle they created as well".

Another training tip of the day :D )

Mince Pie

Visit site
Well how creative of MR :rolleyes: God I feel so bad for EG right now, although it does highlight how much better the horse went for Edward! ;)

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
It is inconceivable. It's got to be illegal, surely? Isn't a freestyle pattern intellectual property of its creator?

Under English law then yes, it is. Variances are allowed and I can't remember the full guidances. But, if I'd written that floor plan, I'd be after the copier. Although, if it counts as a good one (I don't know these things), it's good publicity for one and shaming for the other.

imr

Visit site
I have a lot of sympathy for M-A generally as he has taken on a task at which he will be seen to fail unless he does better than Edward and he is having to learn to ride the horse in full sight of the cameras etc. I dont envy him at all to be honest, even if he does get to ride Totilas. However, this I dont have any sympathy for at all - its incredibly lame - EVEN if they did buy the floorplan, and its plagiarism if they didnt. He should be ashamed of himself for not making an effort to come up with something a little different (and face it there is only so much variety that is available).

trakehnersrock!

Visit site
I have a lot of sympathy for M-A generally as he has taken on a task at which he will be seen to fail unless he does better than Edward and he is having to learn to ride the horse in full sight of the cameras etc. I dont envy him at all to be honest, even if he does get to ride Totilas. However, this I dont have any sympathy for at all - its incredibly lame - EVEN if they did buy the floorplan, and its plagiarism if they didnt. He should be ashamed of himself for not making an effort to come up with something a little different (and face it there is only so much variety that is available).

^^ This!

amage

Visit site
Just throwing it out there....how many other freestyles are similar but haven't been compared in this manner before?!? I don't agree with it but perhaps if more were compared and contrasted there would be quite the surprise?

Weezy

Visit site
Just throwing it out there....how many other freestyles are similar but haven't been compared in this manner before?!? I don't agree with it but perhaps if more were compared and contrasted there would be quite the surprise?

You are quite possibly correct amage, but to do it on the same horse...?!

Halfstep

Visit site
Absolutely gobsmacked. :eek::eek:

Why???? I mean, WHY? Its not like they are short of money to commission a new floorplan, or time to get it right. So why do it? It only shows up how much WORSE it is now......:(
I honestly don't get this at all.

Nuts.

And yes, it is plagiarism. Even if they claim it was done by "accident" it is still plagiarism. No sympathy. Edward Gal must be spitting rocks, and I don't blame him one iota.

kerilli

Visit site
i am shocked, they should be ashamed that they didn't come up with something else. i cannot BELIEVE that, given the time they've had (and, let's face it, not short of a Euro or two to pay for designing a new floorplan) they'd do something so... gobsmackingly insulting to EG.
:( :( :(
i hope the judges mark MR down for lack of initiative.
poor Toti must be so bored of that pattern by now... ;) ;)

MiaBella

Visit site
Well if the horse recognises the pattern... its easiest to stick with what the horse knows!

I remember Kyra K saying in a clinic a number of years ago that until that point the GP tests had all asked for 1x changes across the diagonal off one rein and 2x changes off the other rein which meant the horses knew what was coming (she did say that one day they would change the directions around and that would confuse everyone!).

So I guess its a playing safe ploy to go with a pattern the horse already knows (and he already knows the GP test and the special......) - the pressure Rath is under to produce results with this horse (in what has been a relatively short time period) to introduce a new floorplan would risk this too much from a commercial point of view.

Disappointing though.

TarrSteps

Visit site
Leaving aside the questionable choice, wouldn't the kur pattern belong to the person who designed it not Gal or his connections? Lots of people use a commercial service for working out the plan and the music, some go as far as commissioning original music. So it would have been up to that person to sell or not.

Seems an odd choice, though, for all sorts of reasons. They can't have thought people wouldn't notice.

horsedances

www.topdressage.tv
Leaving aside the questionable choice, wouldn't the kur pattern belong to the person who designed it not Gal or his connections? Lots of people use a commercial service for working out the plan and the music, some go as far as commissioning original music. So it would have been up to that person to sell or not.

Seems an odd choice, though, for all sorts of reasons. They can't have thought people wouldn't notice.

On their facebookpage the owners stated very firmly that they never sold the rights to use the choreography. They are schocked as well, because it extra hurts Edward and his crew.

kerilli

Visit site
On their facebookpage the owners stated very firmly that they never sold the rights to use the choreography. They are schocked as well, because it extra hurts Edward and his crew.

"schocked" - typo of the decade there! ;) ;) ;)
they have indeed been "schocked"...
if they never sold the rights to use that particular pattern, then shame on MR and the horse's owners, or whoever made the decision to use it.

OneInAMillion

Visit site
I don't agree with the poor MR comments. OK if you were offered the world's greatest dressage horse to ride you would be unlikely to turn it down but you have to remember he DIDN'T have to take the ride on Totilas and he KNEW the pressure that would come with such a high profile horse AND background that went with it.

Jane_Lou

Visit site
I don't agree with the poor MR comments. OK if you were offered the world's greatest dressage horse to ride you would be unlikely to turn it down but you have to remember he DIDN'T have to take the ride on Totilas and he KNEW the pressure that would come with such a high profile horse AND background that went with it.

Exactly - if I remember rightly a number of high profile riders DID turn the ride down.

NinjaPony

Visit site
Good lord, whatever next. That really is low.
Poor Edward- his test on Totalis looked much better. Is it just me or has Totalis seemed to have lost some of the expression in his forelegs?
He must be furious.