This is very sad - claiming races in US

Echo Bravo

Visit site
Sorry but thats another counrty and different rules,shouldn't they be looking after their own, with out us poking our noses in.I wouldn't like it they tried to influence our way of life.

Honeylight

Visit site
Agree there is not a lot we can do; thank goodness racing is better regulated here & such medication is banned. I really hate everything about American racing.

jaquelin

Visit site
Just to clarify, there are a couple of things that stand out & make this something other than yet another horse abuse story:
It was on the front page of the NY Times-
The situation got attention because the jockeys began a boycott-
If this results in better regulation of this industry & more monitoring of drug abuse, that would be a good outcome.
Also makes you realise how much " cleaner" racing is in UK & Europe

zaminda

Visit site
It was also good to see the lengths that the owner mentioned at the end of the article went to to get his horse back once he realised they were still wanting to ride it. Hopefully they will bring in a similar system that we have that means you can contact I think Wetherbys, and say the horse is no longer to race. This happened in response to a similar situation here. We do have claimers here, but our prize money is dreadful across the board.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Really is time that the US racing authorities woke up to the terrible violations that are being perpetrated in their country - all in the cause of money.

Claiming races are the lowest of the low. Poor creatures.