This is why you should check your horse morning & night

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site
Sincere sympathies to the owner but the horse wasn't checked until 4.30pm & they suspect he had been trapped since the early hours. Poor boy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2774883/Did-Satanic-cult-kill-one-million-horse-Distraught-owner-fears-beloved-animal-s-death-moon-ritual.html

meandmyself

Visit site
No offence but she's an idiot.

Yep, whenever something like this happens they media/owners like to trot out the old Devil Worshipers rubbish. Sounds to me like the horse had simply got caught in the fence, thrashed around and got badly entangled. Sad, but noting creepy.

Ibblebibble

Visit site
typical Daily fail scaremongering factless article, are they blaming pagans or satanists? they are not the same thing, surprised they didn't manage to blame Islam in some way!
it is quite possible that the owner forgot to turn the fence on and young pony got himself tangled, panicked and made it worse. whilst i agree that all livestock should be checked at least twice a day i don't think this article does anything but show how crap the Daily fail is!!

bakewell

Visit site
Its the tape wrapped around the horses leg six - note SIX- times & the full moon that gives them the satanic angle. Utter nonsense.

Yeah it's not like people are more likely to do stuff at night in fields when there's light to see by...
Also that's quite some pact with the devil if you can overpower a full grown horse and tie it up to that extent.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Hmmmmm, with this one I don't see foul play, just an accident, but I do know it does happen.

I know someone who had a horse attacked, it did survive but was severely injured, stabbed and cut, blood let. The next year at the same ritual date the owner sat out in the field, and they came again. They came from several directions, carrying candles in jars, wearing robes. The owner was terrified but screamed a fuss up, and they called to each other and went.

The owner thought about moving, but loves their property, and now they always stable at night, year round.

People tried to tell that owner that it was just an accident, but they did not believe it, and so sat up. Maybe there is more to this Daily Mail story than they have printed? Or, maybe not!

Slightly Foxed

Visit site
Molluscs! A tragic accident, electric tape/rope ain't good to get tangled up in, it can cause terrible injuries. Fortunately when one of mine got caught up in electric rope I was in time to prevent his hoof being severed. I never leave the fence unelectrified now!

Visit site
My other worry is that if the horse was clearly that injured why did she keep it alive for a week?

When Kyle cut his pastern the other week I didn't blame a cult, a fence or anyone other than myself for having a tb turned out on a hill. He had simply stood on himself and gone too deep, severing the extensor tendon and going into the coffin joint. He was put down within the hour.

undergroundoli

Visit site
My other worry is that if the horse was clearly that injured why did she keep it alive for a week?

When Kyle cut his pastern the other week I didn't blame a cult, a fence or anyone other than myself for having a tb turned out on a hill. He had simply stood on himself and gone too deep, severing the extensor tendon and going into the coffin joint. He was put down within the hour.

Hay sorry to hear about Kyle. You poor thing. Don't beat yourself up about him being on a hill field.

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site

So sorry to read this. Please don't blame yourself either, it was accident - not one waiting to happen - just one of lifes ****** curve balls that knocks you for six.