This makes my blood boil - Jamie Gray

millimoo

Visit site
Just seen this online..... I know we shouldn't say too much due to his appeal, but I seriously hope he gets an increased sentence for his blatant contempt to the courts! and don't get me started on the son......
mad.gif

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2520473/Banned-cruelty-fiend-at-dealers-fair.html

Flicker

Visit site
Hardly surprising really, is it? Trouble is, even if the ban is upheld, how will it be enforced?

genie

Visit site
"May not keep or have any dealings to do with horses"....just wondering what "Dealings " means here....deals as in buying and selling or dealing with as in coming into contact with horses.

Eira

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
"May not keep or have any dealings to do with horses"....just wondering what "Dealings " means here....deals as in buying and selling or dealing with as in coming into contact with horses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto this thats what I first thought.
Completely OT but why the hell do the Sun call horses 'nags' in their articles? Am I the only one that is annoys
tongue.gif

Rouletterose

Visit site
Hopefully Tames Valley police WILL take the photos offered by the SUN and show them to the judge!!!! This is terrible news, steps need to be taken to make sure he can't trade.

M_G

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I can't write on this forum what I actually want to say about this!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Does he think we were all born yesterday?
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me neither... But hunt kennels for them all springs to mind

kbsaff

Visit site
I Am furious! I drive past the field where this market is held daily.
I know he's frequented there previously and was seen there whilst pending trial. But what a kick in the teeth to brazenly parade around like that.
What is slightly more concerning is that this market (which incidently subtituted Southall when it closed) is very much known to the RSPCA and if witnesses are to be believed, their inspectors have been known to pop along on occasions.

I do want to point out however, that unlike the Sun's portrayal, not all atendees to this market should be tarred with JG's brush and, from what I see, the horses that are usually in this field are very well looked after and extremely nice examples of the traditional cob.
I myself have a teensy wincy crush on one or 2 of them!

ru-fi-do

Visit site
I've just read it in the sun myself - disgusting - where's the justice?? Obviously have to be careful what we all say, I wonder if they got pictures of 'the son' riding?

*Stomps off biting tongue*
mad.gif

RantBucket

Visit site
JG has infringed his bail conditions by being at a horse sale, I wonder if the police will take the matter seriously, they should enforce them and deal with anyone who breaks them.

Onyxia

Visit site
From H&H
[ QUOTE ]
He was granted bail on 17 June by a judge at Oxford Crown Court on the condition that he does not keep, deal or transport horses.

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably wrong(not a legal person) but sounds like unless he hands over cash for a horse,pops one in a wagon or has one at home he isnt doing anything "wrong"
crazy.gif

link-
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/397/285721.html

Perhaps the judge should have granted bail providing they were not within so many feet of a horse to prevent them getting around the bail conditions?
Or not given bail to begin with....
smirk.gif

davejoiner

Visit site
Rant bucket love you profile pic ! I'm waiting to see pattys reply as patty belives that JG is a law abiding citizen who has never done anything wrong and is the kindest person ever to have lived..............

diamonddogs

Visit site
About what I expected from that bunch of scumbags.

Only problem is, even if the Sun do their public duty and hand the photos over, they prove nothing, which I suppose is exactly what Patty will say. You'd never know he was even at a sale, would you.

Words fail me.

Paddywhack

Visit site
Rantbucket:I LOVE YOUR PROFILE PICTURE !!!!!!
What do you expect from people like that ..IQ minus 0 ???
But if there is a loud enough protest about it maybe they got to do something about it and throw him back into jail ? Where do we start ? Who do we contact to complain about his interaction with horses ?? We did it with the petition can't we do something again ???

Quadro

Visit site
they are just sticking two fingers up at everybody!!! and i agree with Kerilli they can up my taxes just to keep him behind bars!!! he clearly has no respect for the law
aside from that his son certainly got by-passed on the looks front
wink.gif

genie

Visit site
well then going to a horse fair isn't in breach of his bail conditions......he was only there, no evidence he was keeping buying or transporting horses. Maybe thats as far as the bail conditions could be expressed.should have said not allowed within 20 yards of any horse.maybe that wouldn't have been legal?

Charmaine18

Visit site
What a stupid man. Still, at least hopefully some people in positions of power will take notice of these photos.

The son looks like a horrible little thug, doesn't he? I found his profile on facebook - was tempted to message him letting him know what a scumbag he is but that would probably just backfire on me! People like that don't care anyway do they.

skewbaldpony

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Completely OT but why the hell do the Sun call horses 'nags' in their articles? Am I the only one that is annoys
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

One syllable. Need I say more?

the watcher

Visit site
QR

I don't see these photos going anywhere TBH. It would need a statement from the person that took them to identify the date they were taken and what they were doing there before the Courts could take any action - and while people seem happy to supply pictures to the press they are generally less inclined to go to Court and give their evidence.

spaniel

Visit site
Much as I hate to come across as Patty mark 2....theres stuff going on in the background on this. Those with the power are not unaware and are on the case.

EstherSupporter

www.reggaewales.co.uk

The Sun..........excellent that they are keeping an eye on him and not letting him get away with anything.

I dont see a report from anywhere else and had they not been watching him then it would have gone un-noticed.

Well done to the Sun not my choice of newspaper but good work.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
I saw this yesterday - Skewbald and JM the reporter will use 'nags' to avoid using the word 'horse' over and over again.

Same with dogs, to avoid repitition you can use pooch, mutt, hound, whatever. I know it is 'journalese' but it breaks the article up so that the word 'horse' doesn't make the readers' eyes glaze over.

Also it is shorter, the Sun is hamstrung by space restriction so the more words you can fit in, the better.