This might be a really dumb question but I'll ask it anyway...

Taffyhorse

Visit site
... Can you get a spray or anything to put on a dog to neutralise doggy 'odour'??

I don't like to bath him too often but he gets filthy dirty when we walk in the woods now and smells a bit strong too! I do brush him but obviously that doesn't help with smells.

To add - its not a major issue and he doesn't smell THAT bad, its more that now autumn is here and winter is on its way, we get a lot more of the wet, smelly dog syndrome and our living room honks!

Also can anyone recommend a decent grooming brush/mitt for a long haired collie? I am currently using my old hairbrush but its not really the ticket...

Foxyfilly

Visit site
Best stuff for a collie coat is a rake and then finish with a slicker brush. You can
buy odour neutraliser from PAH, but if the dog doesnt live outside you cant do any
harm in bathing him on a regular basis.

Kellys Heroes

Visit site
Yes you can buy special 'doggy deoderant' of all different smells - very useful on our Goldie when she has spotted fox poo....!! :eek:
We also have a bottle of "baby smell spray" - used on both Goldie and GSD it doesn't irritate the GSDs skin problems and makes them smell loveeeelly!! :)
K x
ETA agree with rake to remove long dead loose hair and a slicker to take out knots :) A comb may also be useful to remove any tough knots!

gina2201

Visit site
A slicker brush! And layer brushing, otherwise you only reach the top coat and not the coat underneath and to the roots, but be mindful of slicker burn, run the slicker over your arm, you'll notice it's quite sharp!