This must affect someone here.

TheChestnutThing

Visit site
Have no clue why i was sent this when it is 22 miles a way from me. Yet more demolishing stables for houses we don't want -

So sad they never stop doing this till there are no more stables left.

This is literally 3 mins up the road from me. We have almost no yards left in our area. Sky Studios is trying to take the green belt land that my yard is on. It's awful! We have over 100 horses at our yard. Where the hell will we all go if/when that happens? We already have had another local yard close within the last 6 months and their liveries moved to us.

Chippers1

Visit site
Whilst I appreciate that housing is definitely needed, it is sad when it takes over green space.

My yard is in a tiny hamlet, people only go there if they either live there, ride there or go to the wood yard (apart from Covid when every man and his dog 'discovered' the area!)

It's surrounded by farmer's fields and just recently planning has been approved for ~7000 houses, sports stadiums, doctors, schools etc to be built on the biggest one which is about 30 seconds walk from our yard. We're all pretty gutted about it! There are also some grade II listed pill-boxes on the land which will be built around. The only thing that we've done to try and make it better is ask for a bridleway to be put in so we can save some of our hacking. These fields also regularly flood so i'm not sure where that water will go! They will be built right up to the boundary with a canal (which is a bridleway). There are is so much wildlife in that field, we regularly see deer, hares, many many birds and birds of prey, where will it all go :( plus the sheer number of people who will be there and the increase in traffic as looking at the plans they've only provided one entrance to the whole estate...

We also have a lovely old barn opposite our yard, it was the wood yard until that moved premises, the old owner died leaving a house and the old barns. A developer bought it and put in planning for 7 houses on the (relatively small) plot. This was rejected by the council because of the above build plus when they inspected the building they claimed that it was perfectly fine to convert the old barn into houses, it was still structurally sound. It is a lovely building, it would make some lovely houses, but obviously wouldn't be 7 houses. The developers response to this is to leave the barn until it gets into a state where it would not be structurally sound, then re-apply. What a shame that this building will be lost due to greed.

Just a moan really, housing is definitely needed but I am still gutted by the mass building that will soon be going on.

Fransurrey

Visit site
Our yard lost a big field we used to use. The land was owned by the local landed estate and they didn't want to sell. The council stuck a compulsory purchase order on them! I didn't think they could do that if it was just for private housing, but they did it. The developer built 2 "affordable" homes in amongst the executive detached ones so maybe that was enough to warrant it. The estate gave the yard another field to use instead but it's not nearly as big or as useful due to its shape and location. The final insult? The developers called the road "The Ridings" and advertised it with a very unrealistic drawing of a showjumper :mad:
The naming of estates after the thing they've destroyed to build makes me want to vomit. See "Bullshit Vale" or "Wehatewildlife Meadow" and "Unaffordableclonehomes paddocks". Yuck.

Fransurrey

Visit site
It's such a shame- it annoys me as well, because there is a lot of under used housing in this country- if we used our housing stock properly (i.e. not giving priority to second homes and holiday lets) that would help a lot.
Don't forget the loophole for the wealthy in that companies can buy multiple properties and leave them empty, using them as cash cows/laundering opportunities. A great deal of that going on in London from dirty oligarch money.