This video is very difficult to watch....

HihoGinger

Visit site
poor sod...
I've been following the Egypt Horse Project on facebook for a while now and have much respect for them and what they do

Same here.
I saw the video this morning on FB and it moved me to tears. Such a difficult job they have to do, made worse by the beliefs of the people whose animals they are trying to help.
Thank goodness they are there, doing the best they can in a horrible situation.

exracehorse

Visit site
I follow and give money to The Egypt Horse Project. I did watch the video briefly but, it was awful to watch, especially the poor horse trying to each hay from the ground. I just wanted to say, for god sake shoot it and put it out of its misery. Broke my heart.

warmbloodcrazy

Visit site
That is truly horrific... poor poor horse thank god they were able to help him and let him go peacefully.. i am always amazed at the cruelty people can inflict on animals.. makes me sick to the core.

ozpoz

Visit site
PFK do so well, building up trust with local people to allow them to put horses like this out of their pain, to the extent that people now bring their horses to them for treatment and trust them when they say there is nothing that can be done. This wouldn't be the case if they went in with guns blazing. They have compassion for the horses and the people struggling to live in harsh times.
I'm in awe of PFK, really.

FubsyMog

Visit site
Why, oh why are they videoing him and not putting him down as a matter of urgency, unbelievable!

It states they waited for the owner's permission. I imagine doing so is important to curry favour with the local owners so that the charity can actually continue their work at all.

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
oh my god, I feel sick :( poor, poor thing. I often sit reading the stories from PFK, and then go and see my own horses and it shocks me to think they are the same animals. The wonderful work they do out there in such difficult conditions is exceptional

Fools Motto

Visit site
Bless his heart. He went with a few last ounces of love. Shame it was far too late for him. Bet he was stunning in his better days.

How the owner seem to think his condition is ok, is beyond my comprehension. Ignorance? Stupidity? I don't know. Do owners who do this get prosecuted over there?

Mariposa

Visit site
The guys at PFK have my utmost respect... poor horse...in a better place now though

This .

Marte, Sherif , Emma and the rest of team out there are amazing. They deal with heartbreaking situations every day - I just couldn't do what they do, and they have my heartfelt respect for their work.

Shantara

Visit site
It states they waited for the owner's permission. I imagine doing so is important to curry favour with the local owners so that the charity can actually continue their work at all.

Yes, they would be lynched (possibly literally!) if they PTS a horse without permission. I would have wanted it PTS asap too, but it's just not that simple. They also said on the post that it was given clean, fresh water, nice grass and went on a full stomach.

Poor thing, R.I.P Horse :(