This weeks saga of the buckaruby...

lucemoose

Visit site
ahh, my vets are actually on speed dial and several of them answer their personal phones with "Hello Lucy...." when I call- badtimes. Here is this last 2 weeks comprehensive timeline..

Pony was booked into my own vet surgery for ovary scan

Pony has lesson. Trainer suggests selling her and/or parelli-ing her
confused.gif

Pony has been booked into an all singing, all dancing appointment with large horspital highly recommended. Own vet scan cancelled.

Pony was suggested to carry on as normal, Prittstick not really keen on that idea, so pony is doing nothing really bar a bareback hack and a naked lunge- her, not me!

Pony taken to another trainer (one must refer to them as such) who trots her up and pony looks unhappy in front. Pony then plays in indoor school and nothing looks amiss- now we assume front feet? T says pony looks in super condition and tone anyway.

Call Vet.Again

Vet comes next day and says KS and that she is lame behind..Pony now booked in to have a bone scan of back, pelvis and hinds. Nothing mentioned about front feet or hormones at all.

To stop Prittstick from crying and jacking all in, having broken YET another pony, we have self diagnosed as having Kissing Swine Flu, cuz it only became super evident a few weeks ago. Pony must have been to Mexico secretly..

Big Waahhh. Feel like someone in Your Horse magazine, the type that writes in numpty letters. Will have to start posting in NL now, or worse, New Rider or something. Perhaps just hack for ever? Although am not a muppet, I know she had everything kept on top of, and there was nothing obvious (I trot her up in front of YO quite often) until this last week. She is picture of health, always jumps with a soft bascule-tucks and flicks too. Ears pricked, works well, transitions fine and does all her changes happily.

Still want to know more why she is sore in front, and doubt have the money to look further? As can only think of MRI for feet?

legend

Visit site
Can they not just bone scan the front feet at the same time as doing the rest of her? One of my friends has had this done before so its def possible.
If your girlie is going to Liphook, my friends horse is going in for bone scanning next week, so she'll have some company!

Eira

Visit site
Bugerring Balls just dashing in to change my top so only a short reply
blush.gif
grin.gif

I can't believe what rotten luck you have had
frown.gif

Vibes for the buckaruby
smile.gif

lucemoose

Visit site
Hi Legend, shes going to Arundel so an ever further trip! Bless we can wave in Liphooks direction
smile.gif
Im ringing the vets on Tues- stinking BH Monday to ask to have the feet looked at as well as her ovaries scanned as Im curious. Poor bank account
frown.gif
Will try and get farrier out to take shoes off as they have a tendency to butcher the shoe removal at vets -perhaps he has ideas?
Thank you

IsabelleJ

Visit site
I feel for you, Prittstick, I am in the same sort of situation with my boy. He has a virus, is lame and has a bone scan booked at Liphook in 10 days time.

Fingers crossed it's something relatively innocuous!

Isabelle