This whole withdrawing/balloting/waitlisting lark.

star

Visit site
Is it just me or is the whole thing designed to screw us out of as much money as possible?

You have to enter 3wks in advance which is a long time in the world of horses - far too much time for them to break themselves.

So, then you have to withdraw them. Refund policy says you can have your money back if they replace you.

So, I e-mail BCA and withdraw and they say can only have money back if we replace you. Fair enough I thinks.

So, then WW and Great tew abandon and I think - great, loads of people wanting a run - BCA will open a waitlist - given they never balloted the BE100 on Sunday this should be fine. They can replace me and I'll get my money back.

No, it seems that would be too nice. There is a message on the bdwp website saying they cant accept any more entries in the BE90/100 as they balloted.

I mean, what? There are people crying out for a run as their events have been cancelled, I've withdrawn and left a place open and they wont fill it because they say they balloted, even though they only ballot the BE100 on Saturday, not Sunday. How on earth is that fair? Not for everyone's sake who needs a run but a big part of me now hopes it rains cats and dogs all week and they have to abandon it and give me money back.

Desperately in need of money for vet bills for orange pony and they are just so wankerish about the whole thing. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Rant over. Breathe.

NR99

Visit site
Yes it's totally ridiculous and riders always lose out in your situation. Hopefully the new BE rep when appointed will aim to do something about it.

Hopefully SC will be able to take your place :)

Rosiefan

Visit site
I'm never sure if they're deliberately fleecing people or simply incompetent. Either way, I think the sheer randomness of how event organisers deal with the whole thing is just dreadful. Please, please BE, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! :mad:

keysoe

Visit site
Are you sure BCA will not replace you?

Whe nother events abandon, they will get hit with HUNDREDS of horses looking for a run. If they have 10 spaces on withdrawal list, they will probably want to turn away as many requests as possible, but still be able to fill slots (ten times over)

SpottedCat

Visit site
Keysoe - pontispool both balloted and had people contact them looking for runs. They refused to hold a waitlist or entertain replacing people.

Total joke IMO.

lannerch

Visit site
What they really mean and should say the old rule we are not giving you your money back full stop!
Agree the whole thing stinks and really does not encourage you to tell them about your withdrawal to absolutely last minuite.
They like to rub salt into the wound.

FrecklesMum

Visit site
It is very silly - I really wanted to run at Larkhill but they had balloted and so were not accepting last minute entries - fair enough if no-one has pulled out but i went and walked the course and the score board showed at least 7 withdrawn who had not been replaced....

Why?!!

china

Visit site
Keysoe - pontispool both balloted and had people contact them looking for runs. They refused to hold a waitlist or entertain replacing people.

Total joke IMO.

We had one withdraw from ponitispool because of an injury and they wouldnt give a refund. Two people the following day said they were dying to run theirs so they weren't short of people to replace them with! Ridiculous!!

diggerbez

Visit site
that's a good result then!

I've fortunately had refunds when i had to W/D from kelsall last year...but in future will definitely be adopting the approach of taking a screen shot of the section lists and then the final results...as am fairly sure that lots of people get slotted in last minute that is all kept 'unofficial'. It is a complete joke- BE need to do something about it. can totally understand that events shouldn't be out of pocket- would be happy with losing a portion (say £10) as an admin fee... but if people want the space then why refuse to fill them???

Lyndsay

Visit site
I put put this onto the BE forum on the ask BE section. Hopefully will attract some attention on there and we may get a decent explanation from BE

diggerbez

Visit site
I put put this onto the BE forum on the ask BE section. Hopefully will attract some attention on there and we may get a decent explanation from BE

or...more likely...they will either ignore you or just refer you to the rule book :rolleyes:

kerilli

Visit site
As a lot of you know, I do quite a lot of work behind the scenes for the EventRidersAssociation. I've been asked to post this:
"This is an issue that ERA are very much aware of and we are working to put the views of riders to BE on this subject. It is helpful for us to know when riders are facing these issues and at which events".
So, we are listening, and working on it...

Jane_Lou

Visit site
I just noticed that BCA are now saying on their website that they ballotted the BE90 and the BE100 but I am sure that originally they balloted the BE100 open and rejected all unpaid entries, that is different from balotting the BE90 and BE100!

Kelpie

Visit site
so, if a rider or a horse and or rider/ horse combo withdraw, what's the rules on whether the rider is allowed to in effect find their own replacement??

..... just wondering if we could start our own little replacement facility on here? ;)

star

Visit site
I just noticed that BCA are now saying on their website that they ballotted the BE90 and the BE100 but I am sure that originally they balloted the BE100 open and rejected all unpaid entries, that is different from balotting the BE90 and BE100!

they did ballot the BE90/100 on the Saturday and they completely cancelled the BE100 open as not enough entries. However, the didn't ballot the BE100 Sunday which is the one I was entered in so then when WW cancelled they obviously had lots of people wanting a run. There were 42 in the section once my withdrawl had gone through and now there are 43 so they have obviously replaced me yet I have heard nothing from them regarding a refund.