Thorowgood T4 - a fishy question!

treacle_beastie

Visit site
Hi, I have just received at T4 which I thought came with fish but it didnt. I cant see where they would go and so I looked on the website and cant even see they are mentioned anymore - does anyone know if have they stopped this feature?

Thanks

ThoroughbredStar

Visit site
Bought brand new t4 hw one last week from robinsons complete with fish. Can you see the bolts under the pomel?? I love my t4 btw, feels comfy and secure! :D

saddlesore

Visit site
My T6 came with adjustable gullets and fish. I'm sure the new T4 model is the same. Is it definitely the new model you've been sent? Does ot have adjustable gullet? The old T4 models were not adjustable at all :confused:

Dawng

Visit site
I have a T6 and it has a pocket that goes about half way down the under saddle flap - it just looks like a piece of synthetic leather flat across but if you pull it from the top it is velcro sealing the entrance to the pocket - not sure if that is explained very well but have a go.

Dawng

Visit site
The fish slot in a pocket in the under flap near the front and can make the saddle narrower at the shoulder

Kenzo

Visit site
Some models depending on how old the saddle is (even if it is brand new) some were not made with the fish system, it depends how long the tack shop has stocked the saddle, if they turn them over quite quickly the chances are you have bought a more up to date model.

If your saddle came with the fish pack, then your saddle should be the ones that takes the fish inserts.

These are located under the flap (where the girth straps are) look towards the front of the saddle where a built in knee roll would normally be situated, then go up a little you will see a U shaped pocket but it will be sealed with a velco seal (basically it lies where the ^ end of your gullet will be lay in your saddle) because the fish plates are designed to make very slight alterations to this, peel back the flap and you will see a whole that goes upwards, you can slip a fish plate up there making sure you put it up the right way, smooth side on the bottom and the whole in your fish plate to go in last so you can easily pull it out again a they can be a bit awkward, a hoof pick is handy to pull them out with, you can if you wish put two up each side.

ThoroughbredStar

Visit site
Some models depending on how old the saddle is (even if it is brand new) some were not made with the fish system, it depends how long the tack shop has stocked the saddle, if they turn them over quite quickly the chances are you have bought a more up to date model.

If your saddle came with the fish pack, then your saddle should be the ones that takes the fish inserts.

These are located under the flap (where the girth straps are) look towards the front of the saddle where a built in knee roll would normally be situated, then go up a little you will see a U shaped pocket but it will be sealed with a velco seal (basically it lies where the ^ end of your gullet will be lay in your saddle) because the fish plates are designed to make very slight alterations to this, peel back the flap and you will see a whole that goes upwards, you can slip a fish plate up there making sure you put it up the right way, smooth side on the bottom and the whole in your fish plate to go in last so you can easily pull it out again a they can be a bit awkward, a hoof pick is handy to pull them out with, you can if you wish put two up each side.

Thanks Kenzo :D