Thorpe Horseboxes, any experiences?

Oscar

Visit site
Hi has anyone had any experience good or bad with Thorpe? Thinking of going to look at them but they're quite a distance and want to know if they have a good reputation first, many thanks.

LinzyD

Visit site
They have been around for a long time, so must be doing something right. I have a lorry that I bought from them 18 months ago that was a refurbishment of one that they had built originally, and which they had taken back in part-exchange when the original purchasers went back to Thorpe to upgrade to a bigger model, so again that says something. Very pleased with mine, and excellent value for money. Not quite as robustly built as my previous lorry, but a fraction of the price, and everything that it was promised to be. Very honest traders IMO, willing to negotiate, pleasant to deal with and value their reputation. I travelled a long way to them and it was worth it.

Bernster

Visit site
A while ago. Bought my first box from him and it was a good price, worked really well so I'd recommend. Probably about 8 yrs ago now so glad to hear he's still in business. Also got a fab 3.5t from foxy twin who I would also highly recommend for 3.5 conversions at a decent price.

rara007

Visit site
We had a thorpe that was very good for us- not flashy but did the job :) Have since had a priory (and they do our carriage trailers) and it has some very good parts, but some less to be desired.

Loulou2002

Visit site
We are a mile up the road from Thorpe Horseboxes. I've used them for MOT work on my lorry. They were very professional and i had my lorry back within a couple of days. They do have a good reputation round here. As someone else suggested try priory as well, they are in Tiptree. I used them when my lorry roof blew off in a storm, the standard of their work was brilliant and they always have a few lorries for sale.