Those horrid ppl from HM Revenue

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
Well don't anyone believe what they say about that Louby person! haha

This forum is really the best... you post a question and people bend over backwards to not only reply but give you a detailed lengthy reply

So thank you very much HM Louby and everyone else who is helpful in this place!

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
I was a bit surprised when I asked if anyone worked for HM REvenue and ppl jokingly said ohhh no one will admit to that.. It;s not like they are traffic wardens is it lol.... ohhhh how many ppl here traffic wardens??

Potato!

Visit site
I got a letter claiming that I had underpaid my tax by £1300. When I'd worked out my total earnings and what i'd paid I didn't owe anything at all. So I contacted them and they sent me a copy of their records showing my total income. They were saying I owed 20% of my total income for the entire year. When I told them I didn't agree they did a recalculation as funnily enough I didn't owe them anything.

Louby

Visit site
So true, although sometimes it's too easy to focus on the few who do cause problems..

Though I'm still owed over £800 from last year :mad: :D

Have you tried to claim it back, probably silly question :eek: If your PAYE, ring up and ask for an R40 form and send it in with your P60 :)
Good luck

rhino

Visit site
Have you tried to claim it back, probably silly question :eek: If your PAYE, ring up and ask for an R40 form and send it in with your P60 :)
Good luck

:confused: I'm rubbish at stuff like this, I had a letter from them saying the amount they owed, not heard anything since :confused:

Louby

Visit site
:confused: I'm rubbish at stuff like this, I had a letter from them saying the amount they owed, not heard anything since :confused:

If your self employed then Im sure you have to request it otherwise they hold it on account to pay the next half years bill. Not good at Self Assessment though.
Ring them, £800!! think what you can buy with that :)

Louby

Visit site
i need to ring them too...........am on the wrong tax code since moving jobs :(
Do it quick :) otherwise you will end up having to fill a form in to claim it back if it gets near to April and the new tax year. Its a straight forward thing to do during the year :)

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I worked for the IR years ago, part of my job was sifting through the informant's letters and deciding which to investigate.
We dealt with the Liverpool dockers and were one of the first offices to get a screen for protection..

Louby

Visit site
We never really got many informant letters, just the odd one. We used to take it in turns to work face to face with the public, most of our work was letters and phone, I used to hate it when it was my turn. We didnt have any screens, tbh the people were mostly ok, thank god.

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
So true, although sometimes it's too easy to focus on the few who do cause problems..

Though I'm still owed over £800 from last year :mad: :D

Just replied to your criptorchid comment about me spelling overly incorrectly and just came here and realised I put OUTWEIGHT! haha I need to slow down with my typing!!!!!!

Ps just phoned HM and I got go to speak to a real person, andddddd he was friendly and offered excellent advice!! Wow HM! X