Those of you in South Wales - The Taff Trail for Riding

Waffles

Visit site
I've been trying to find out which bits of the Taff Trail is legally/ok to ride on between Cardiff and Brecon - does anyone know? Have searched online but there doesn't seem to be anything clear on there apart from on bicycles. Any info gratefully received!

NOISYGIRL

Visit site
The part I know of is from Ty Rhiw, joining the cycle path but using the horse route next to the cycle path, towards Nantgarw, it then goes up to what used to be an old railway thing (sorry don't know what its called) there's nothing there now just large concrete area, then you follow it up and come out by blackbrook road in caerphilly, I'm not sure how you would get to Brecon, I don't think currently the horse route goes that way.

Best bet would be to speak to local SAFE group they have info on bridelways etc or Local BHS rep sorry can't remember her name, or the coucil prob be Rhondda cynon Taff so far up and cardiff council further down

Sustrans look after the cycle route so you may get info from them

Years ago my friend and I used to get onto the cycle path and ride before it was done all posh with tarmac ! my horse was so bendy we used to go round the green things and get in. Wouldn't do it now, that was a LONG time ago

Waffles

Visit site
Thanks both - the Ordinance Survey maps don't always show all the bridleroutes - only the official bridlepaths (the ancient ones) generally. I think the bit behind nantgarw hill is the Walnut tree line.