Those of you who all bought cheap Tekna saddles last year (or whenever it was)

Jesstickle

Visit site
Can anyone advise me on seat lengths. I have a (very) short coupled horse and am wondering if I can get away with a 17'' seat. They look like the curve up at the back a bit. Would those who own one say they were long in the panel or short?

OR do any of you have a dressage one in a 16.5'' seat you want to sell?:p

LeannePip

Visit site
i found mine very small 2/3 of my saddles are 17inch and are fine for me but the 17inch tekna i had was tiny and i didnt like it atall although i had the gp version (by accident!) apparently the jump and the dressage are alot nicer to ride in! so that hasnt really helped you but thats just my experience! sorry!!

Javabb94

Visit site
I have sat in a 17.5" jump and found it ridiculously small!!! I was 4/5" over knee rolls!!

I normally take 17.5"-18" seat for my leg length but even in an 18" I think I would have been far too long for!

millitiger

Visit site
I must be really odd then as I have find the panels and seat come up big.

The saddle flaps are a truer size but I definitely would have gone smaller if possible.

Jesstickle- you can borrow mine if you like? Millie is 15.3hh, very shortbacked and m/w.
It's just sat in my garage as she is due to foal next month so I won't need it for a while if you want to try it? :)

Jesstickle

Visit site
mt that is very kind indeed but I don't want to take the Michael. Is yours a 17'' one?

Bet you're excited for a foal now aren't you? Are you going to take photos for us all? You are aren't you? ;)

millitiger

Visit site
mt that is very kind indeed but I don't want to take the Michael. Is yours a 17'' one?

Bet you're excited for a foal now aren't you? Are you going to take photos for us all? You are aren't you? ;)

Seriously, you can borrow it if you want as it won't be needed for at least a year (possibly ever if she goes back infoal).

I think it is a 17 or a 17.5"- PM me if you want to try it and I can send it to you for cost of postage? If it fits you can keep hold of it for a bit, if it doesn't at least you will have a better idea of what size you need?

Excited but worried and just hoping it all turns out ok now; the last 10 months seems to have gone very quickly!
Photos will be numerous, assuming all ok and mum and baby both fine :)