Those that feed Pure Feeds

fizzer

Visit site
Just wondering if

a) you find it cost effective

b) what you give 3yr olds , fibre balance or pure easy

c) do you add anything, ie linseed, fast fibre.

I had a forage analysis and a feed programme done over the winter, horses ate it reluctantly, now the grass is here they will not touch.

Plan B is to feed pure feeds as I have a friend who had some and they loved it. THANKYOU

flyingfeet

Visit site
a) No sold in 15kg bags
b) I probably wouldn't feed a 3 year old with the grass coming unless very thin, then would try a conditioning mix
c) Had to mix with other products to get them to eat it

Didn't work for me at all as mine wouldn't eat it - they will eat Alpha A Oil, but I think pure condition must be much more bitter to eat.

Ella19

Visit site
I looked into it as really like the sound of the feed and it had no molasses or alfalfa which is what I was looking for. But to feed my "good doer" it would cost £1.58 a day as I could not buy in bulk as nowhere to store it. A bag was going to last 7 days. So instead I researched and researched and now feed Allen and Page Ride and Relax and Honey Chop Oat Straw. She is a fussy feeder and loves it, she's looking really well on it as well. The help and advice from Allen and Page was so much better than that of Pure Feeds. The oat straw and ride and relax for me works out at £0.52 a day so there was no contest!!

romulus

Visit site
I have 2 x 4 yo. One is Freisan x Andulucian, the other dutch trotter x ???(prob TB type).
Both have been fed on pure balance since Sept 2011 with great results. They looked good last year but this year both are well covered (not fat) and have not got at all full of themselves. I fed just Pure Balance and ad lib haylage although I have now turned them out and taken them off feed as they look so good. The trotter cross has always been a poor doer and I have fed him quite large amounts in the past. I think that I have saved alot of money this year and would not hesitate to recomend it. Both horses have also grown 2" this winter!

fizzer

Visit site
Thankyou everyone. I tried a handful of the Fibre balance and mine licked the bucket clean, they were very impressed. Most of mine do pretty well so its just about the vits and mins really through the summer.

Would make feed time a whole lot easier. I had for years used Simple Systems but after my analysis I found out I did not really need the total eclipse or alfa alfa. I never have used mixes and try to give high fibre and low sugar and starch. Maybe I shall get my friend to order the fibre balance and see how we go.

sonjafoers

Visit site
I am one of the few ( seemingly!) that Pure Feeds didn't work for despite 2 attempts 6 months apart on 2 different horses!

To cut a long story short one of mine won't touch it at all & one will eat it reluctantly. I've tried mainly Pure Working & Fibre Balance and the one who will eat it begrudgingly became scurfy on it & lost 'bloom'.

The Fibre Balance does smell a bit strange, my friend likened it to smelling like dog biscuits, but the feeds do seem 'clean' and look pleasant.

If you do a search up there ^^ you will find plenty of threads on it with the majority of people really liking it.

Daytona

Visit site
I have just started my rising 5 year old on 2kg of pure condition a cost of £1.80 a day prior to that he was on Top Spec balancer , Top Spec cool condition cubes and Fiber beet which was costing me £2.90 a day so cost effective for me. No I don't add anything to it.

kaiserchief

Visit site
I find it very cost effective but don't feed anywhere near the recommended quantities as my pony would explode :p At the moment he gets half a round stubbs scoop a day of Pure Easy and when I run out of the Easy I'm switching to the balancer for the summer.

He's 4 and in light work and looking and feeling good - I can't see his ribs but can feel them all and he has plenty of useful energy :)

Spyda

Visit site
Depends on what you feed but in my case switching to Pure Feeds would equal a huge increase in my horse's feed bill. I even contacted them for a feed plan to double check. I presently feed Bailey's Lo Cal or Spillers Lite balancer, full fat linseed meal from Charnwood and straw chaff + minerals lacking in my pasture. None of the Pure Feeds feed could match my present diet for price and I am extremely happy with the way my horse is ATM. Why change? !

vonno

www.celticqh.com
I have tried it, but found it worked out a lot more expensive than a similar product I was using and my horses were not that keen on it. I've been using Primero Total for years, which although expensive per bag, they are in 20k bags, and the recommended quantity is less. Works out quite economical as one bag will last one of mine 20 days.
However, you do have to buy a minimum of 12 bags.

fizzer

Visit site
update!! Ordered the fibre balance 15kg bag. Have 4 of mine on it the good doers ( 2 horses and 2 ponies) and they love it.

One bag will last me roughly 6/7 days so it will work out no more expensive than before. Only time will tell if they continue to eat it. Am leaving the youngsters at the moment on Baileys Stud, Just Grass and Micro Linseed as they look so good.

jackpolling

Visit site
Hi fizzer I feed my 5 year old hot/ stress head fibre balance and he loves it! Looks very well on it and I don't find it that expensive about £1 something a day? Defo worth it tho, he loves it! Hope yours do too!