Those who have bought Cortaflx from USA...Question

Ferdinase514

Visit site
1.What size tub did you get?

Am assuming that 2lb or powder is equivalent to 4 mth supply?

2. Did you have to pay import duty on it? If not, Do you know the limit before you have to pay import duty?

Am planning to buy 2 X 2lb pots but don't want to have to shell out loads on tax!

Thank you very much guys!

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
Hi
I recently bought one for a friend. It said it was 2.5lbs on the advert but infact was a 2lb tub. (906g?). I was told that that was the limit before tax.

It came in 6 days and I paid no tax on it. I think in total with P&P it cost £29.66
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
She is exceptionally pleased with it. I am not sure how long the tub lasts but I do know it is the one we pay about £50/£55 for over here.

Hope this helps
Amanda

brightmount

Visit site
Just be aware that the formulation of Cortaflx isn't the same as Cortaflex. Also I have been told there is something in Cortaflx that is a banned substance if you event, though I don't know what that is because Cortaflex is stronger than the US version. If you don't event, and if it still helps your horse, then go for it.

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
Bought it off ebay.co.uk from a seller called equiteric.

Actually I have just had a look and he has none advertised at the moment......might be worth contacting him and asking if he has any? He does seem to have a lot of neg feedback but then considering his sales it is probably very few
shocked.gif
I had no problems at all with him, he answered emails asap and as I say item arrived safely in 6 days
laugh.gif

eventrider23

Visit site
I work in a tack and feed shop and we suppley cortaflex. Having spoken to our equine america rep on the differences it turns out that the american cortaflex contains animal (mainly cow) joint by products in addition to some other stuff. This is why it is banned over here. If you intend to go out and compete your horses it would be much better to use the UK version as if caught with the american one you will be in trouble. Even the American event riders have got to use the UK one to compete under FEI rules!! Plus there is evidence now that the american version is not as effective as the UK one.
If you are worried about money, NAF Superflex is doing just as well and maybe even better that cortaflex at the moment and is half the price!! It has got all the same basic ingredients and I know many people who have changed to it from cortaflex as it is just as effective but cheaper!

KatB

Visit site
Don't know about the difference in American and Uk cortaflex, but I agree on the Superflex, found it very very good and IMHO better than COrtaflex, seeing horses that have been on both.
smile.gif

ihatework

Visit site
Really? How much do you sell NAF superflex for ... I'm finding it retails at around £55 for 120 days supply which is exactly the same as I can buy cortaflex for
confused.gif
Plus do they not contain different ingredients?