Those who Jump in glasses - advice needed

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
I don't get hayfever, but something they spray on the field round here occasionally makes my eyes run as if i'm cutting onions, and if I have my contacts in, they don't...
kirstyhen, I agree. My vision's definitely more accurate with contacts.
Mickeymoo, definitely give them a go. They are miraculous. :) :) :)

I don't get hayfever, but my eyes do get itchy during the summer on the odd occasion I go out in glasses. I also get very sore eyes if its smokey (if the grill is on for example) but fine with contacts.

I never ride in glasses, can't imagine it! You do have to persevere with putting them in, at first it took me 15 mins to do one eye, now I can put them in, in seconds without a mirror. :D

Kerilli, I have never jumped anything of size in glasses so wouldn't have a clue, but my optician's daughter show jumped, so I trusted he knew what he was on about!

Mickeymoo

Visit site
Sounds really positive for me that you can judge distances better in contacts. That's how this all started, me not being able to see striding until I was at the jump, by which time I could pop over, or be shockingly underneath it.

daisycrazy

Visit site
I prefer to SJ in glasses and XC in contacts - somehow I seem to be more focused when SJ with my glasses on (tunnel vision?!) compared with contacts. I can only wear contacts for short periods of time as my eyes dry out so I put them on just before I get on and take them off either before I drive home or when I get home. I was horrified when I first wore glasses/contacts to ride - I had been eventing up to 2* level without having realised that super blurry was not normal. I still haven't decided whether being able to see the fences clearly is a good thing or a bad thing!