Those with Ifor 505 trailers

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
I have just got my new (used) Ifor 505r trailer this morning.

I took it in part exchange for my horsebox so hadnt seen it before they came this morning to collect lorry.

It is a lovely trailer and i am really pleased with it, it is in excellent condition, bizarrely however it is blue on the outside with red interior, lol.

I wanted to ask any Ifor 505 owner if there are any areas/parts of these trailers that lend themselves to issues etc that i need to keep an eye out for?

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
If your parking it try to park it on a flat place and leave the handbrake off, If found if I leave my handbrake on the wheels lock, only issue in 4 years + that I have had with my trailer and apparently all ifors are the same :)

maresmaid

Visit site
I was advised to always pull slightly forwards an inch or two after reversing into a parking place to stop the breaks locking (and to leave the handbrake off as mentioned above.) I also discovered that it wasn't a good idea to use a jet wash to clean it because it blasted the paint off some of the nuts on the side of the trailer.

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Oh wow, I thought you'd sold your lorry and posted to say the people were coming with cash the next day and had insured it and everything. Didn't that work out?

With the IW, I'd be tempted to take it to your nearest dealer for a full service if you've not had it checked out before accepting it px- that's if you're thinking of keeping it.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Oh wow, I thought you'd sold your lorry and posted to say the people were coming with cash the next day and had insured it and everything. Didn't that work out?

With the IW, I'd be tempted to take it to your nearest dealer for a full service if you've not had it checked out before accepting it px- that's if you're thinking of keeping it.

Those buyers were unreasonable and very very rude with it, I ended up cancelling the transaction :(

However, a lovely couple came on Tuesday to see it and loved it. They came to collect it today and part-ex their trailer. :D

Luckily there is an Ifor Dealer about 5 minutes down the road so i am going to take it there next weekend for the guy to check

I hitched it up this afternoon and drove around the carpark before trying Chico on. He did his usual avoidance tactics before getting on sweet as a nut! Loads of adventures here we come!