Thought I'd found a body

hairycob

Ollie was canoeing this morning so hacked out on my own. As I came out of the village I saw a man lying down in an unused field next to a footpath with German Shepherd sitting next to him. Watched for a moment & he just lay there so I rode down the footpath (it did look like a crisis!) & called out "excuse me - are you ok" - didn't want to get too close because of the dog. The guy just sat up & said "Yes I'm fine" then lay down again. Very odd in the middle of March, ground is still so cold & wet. I was very relieved though.

hairycob

I was panicing at first. Was worried the dog might chase the horse -she's fine with dogs provided they don't try & eat her! Imagined having to phone ambulance & then keep Pickle still until they came, with dog there & possibly first aid - all seemed far too tricky.

Mid

If someone lay on the floor near our old pony, he'd check that they weren't carrying any feed, and then slobber on their face, and then wander off.

Loopy_laura

a few years ago i was hacking in some woods, this woman was walking towards me on and when she saw me she dived face down in some ferny things, i was on a big horse that use to be in emmerdale farm so he was very well behaved i said "i'm very sorry i didnt mean to startle you are you ok?" and got no reply so i nugde the horse a little closer and asked a little louder.... to my horror a husk mans voice replied yes go away!! i stared for a seconed in disbeliefe only to realise the blonde hair was infact a wig and it was a bloke in drag! i was freaked out and left pretty quick! about 10 mins later i saw the man getting in to his car only to realise it was a man that lived a few doors away from me!!

charlene

That storey was so funny...you do meet lots of wierdos out hacking I had a very scarey experience and since have never gone back to the place where it happened.

Thistle

Once when I was hacking I saw a pair of naked legs sticking out of the hedge. Trembling I went closer to realise it was a shop mannequin!

MagicMelon

I saw a cyclist lying at the side of the road, on the verge with his bike thrown down beside him. I thought OMG - he's been hit! So I slammed the brakes on in my car and yelled out the window to him. Some stupid spotty teenager sat up. He was just lying there in the sun! I said what an idiot he was as I thought he'd been hit by a car! What a place to lie!!!

muffy32

there is a lady who lays at the side of the road in Barton le clay, she is there every day . The road she lays next to is a very fast one so goodness only knows how she has lasted so long.
some odd folk out there!