Thought it would be easy. Foal search

xTrooperx

Visit site
I'm looking for my third horse, looking at
young colts after much thought & having the space stable/turnout for summer/winter, & to get into showing.
So after finding something I like the only one, a little over my budget but decided to ask few questions the standards ones about parents etc.. Also further info/pic of dam as only pic of stallion, all I received was them saying both parents good. & he a good colt? So tried again making it clear & simple to get a he is a bargain.
well with that info he isn't my kind of bargain and guess I will keep looking.
But I would of thought with foals ( same sort of type) going for £100's surely they would by willing to give more info with a foal in the £1000 bracket :0(

HBM1

Visit site
I never understand this. If someone contacts me for information on mine, if anything, I give maybe too much information (eg birth details etc!)....it is fair enough to try to get as much information by email as you can as it saves a wasted journey. It really isn't going to hurt a seller to be more detailed...after all they can save longer, standard answers on a word document, then when asked again, they just cut and paste them. I would want photos of the dam at the very least, as well as full breeding etc. Personally, if someone can't be bothered to give you more than monosyllabic answers to your questions, they aren't doing their best to find the right home for their foal in my opinion, and if they aren't, you have to wonder about the care the foal has had to date. I'd be moving on and looking elsewhere.

PorkChop

Visit site
I agree, I always give too much information, it costs nothing.

I have usually found that the bigger studs and breeders are good at passing on information so there surely is no excuse for smaller breeders.

Good luck with your search.

mynutmeg

Visit site
I never understand this. If someone contacts me for information on mine, if anything, I give maybe too much information (eg birth details etc!)....it is fair enough to try to get as much information by email as you can as it saves a wasted journey. It really isn't going to hurt a seller to be more detailed...after all they can save longer, standard answers on a word document, then when asked again, they just cut and paste them. I would want photos of the dam at the very least, as well as full breeding etc. Personally, if someone can't be bothered to give you more than monosyllabic answers to your questions, they aren't doing their best to find the right home for their foal in my opinion, and if they aren't, you have to wonder about the care the foal has had to date. I'd be moving on and looking elsewhere.

exactly - I've been know to go take extra photos and videos for a person enquiring

xTrooperx

Visit site
Well hopefully it was a one off, but it's stupid as in this market said person could of possibly lost a sale, no way am I silly enough to buy something with at least some info.
Though there has been couple of h&h ppl who have willing sent me info about colts for sale with some amazing info/back ground :0)..