Thoughts on this horse no. 2

S_N

Visit site
sun004.jpg

GeorgeTopper005.jpg

KatB

Visit site
Lovely chunky lad. Critiscim is too long in the thigh and weak hocks, but generally nicely put together. Looks slightly upright in first pic, but think it is was is standing, as second pic shows a lovely shoulder.

You know I think Topper was a very handsome lad though SN

Petrie

Visit site
He does look much smarter in the second photo, funny that, isn't it. Just goes to show how misleading photos can be.

His hind leg is quite straight, but he's a lovely type, isn't he.

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
More my type, solid and fun!!!!!!!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

WOT, no CB!!!!????!!!! Are you well?? *SN stretches out hand to feel for SSM's temp on her forehead*

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
First picture his hind legs look a bit bowed!!
Second pics is gorgeous! Nice looking boy!! Is he yours??

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - he had a habit of standing all funky

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
They looks like two different horses. Was the first pic taken some time ago and the second one more recent?

[/ QUOTE ]

The second pic was taken in April this year - the first last Nov (2005). Looking at them you can really see how he changed and wasn't coping - poor chap.

This one was taken a few days after the 2nd pic, when I fully clipped him.
clipping008.jpg

GTs

Visit site
Who is he? Something to ride? Something to breed? Gelding are not good in the breeding world, the vast majority of them are infertile.

I have concern over all his legs - none of them look right - I do like his big feet though.

S_N

Visit site
PMSL!!! The clipped out look made him look a lot lighter and it is easy to think of a Shire x as being very, very chunky!

S_N

Visit site
For KatB and DB141 and anyone else, he was PTS in June this year age 15. He was diagnosed as lame on all 4 legs and I did seek a 2nd opinion, though I knew it to be true! He was supposed to have Navicular Syndrome by the large animal vet that saw him for his previous owner, but that was thought unlikely by both equine vets that I had see him. Basically he was riddled with arthiritis, which was getting progressively worse and towards the end was only sound on 6 bute a day. I decided that rather than wait for him to get REALLY, REALLY bad and for the weather to be coald and wet and him miserable, that he should go with the sun on his back - which he did, on a lovely morning on Tuesday the 6th of June 2006.

S_N

Visit site
Actually just read that properly (I was initially responding to the "who is he?") Would be a miracle if a gelding was to bred eh!
grin.gif
grin.gif