Thoughts on this one please

JACQSZOO

Visit site
Could you kind folks please look at this horse on horsemart - advert ref hm637f956 and let me know your thoughts. It is for my friend who went to see the gelding that failed the 2 star vetting the other week. I'm not overkeen myself but I'd be interested to hear what your more experienced peeps think.

Please be honest - pm if you prefer

Happy Horse

community.webshots.com
My thought are that he looks very long. The first pic of him jumping he appears to have a lovely attitude. I would go and have a look the price is reasonable and he looks very like a Grade A showjumper I used to ride - built like a bus but super talented!

fjudge

Visit site
For an allrounder....i think he looks lovely. Sounds like there isnt much wrong with him and looks safe and sound
smile.gif

Happytohack

Visit site
If he is as safe and sound as the advert says, he is reasonably priced. Looks like he has a nice kind face. This is obviously a dealer, but not one I have ever heard of. But someone on this forum might know of them and advise you.

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
He looks like he doesnt tuck very well over the jump, although i've found grid work helps its just really down to the natural technique at the end of the day; and hes isnt brillant. But if hes as true as the advert says nice alrounder!

Clodagh

Visit site
Never trust a dealer that says grab a bargain, no such thing in the dealing world!
He looks a bit weak in the back, but theres not a real confirmation shot there, so it must be bad, as dealers should know how to high light a horses assets!
smile.gif

JACQSZOO

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Never trust a dealer that says grab a bargain, no such thing in the dealing world!
He looks a bit weak in the back, but theres not a real confirmation shot there, so it must be bad, as dealers should know how to high light a horses assets!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I thought! I havent seen the horse in the flesh but my friend seems quite taken.

Louby

Visit site
Does anyone think the top picture looks fake, like he's been super imposed onto a picture or magazine photo. You can see the fold in the middle of the very glossy piccy and its sort of got a border round it unlike a proper photo.
Have to agree he does look older, maybe its just the piccy but on the 2nd one he looks like he may have a dippy back.
Sorry to be negative

Parkranger

Visit site
He looks just like my boy (but a little heavier) Personally I like them a bit longer - means they can cope with a side saddle....which I'm still yet to buy! haa haa

I know what JM means about him looking slightly older but I think that's just the ID coming through in his head.....

Sounds nice!

lillie07

Visit site
Fews things I picked up on.... Horse looks stiff though this neck in the top pic- and looks to me like the bit has been hauled through his mouth suggesting force was needed. He is untidy infront, but this could be due to my previous comment and its not the end of the owrld if she just wants an allrounder to have some fun with. Also have to agree with the above comments that he looks older than nine but cant put my finger on why and he is very long. Not my cup of tea at all.