Threads with no vipers

Tihamandturkey

Visit site
Are there any?

I'm getting so pi$$ed off with the endless needless petty squabbling and point scoring on here by some posters - so many threads seem to be turning unecessarily nasty these days.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a thread with none I'd be very grateful.

Stay safe and well all ?

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Perhaps this thread could be a nice, happy and positive conversation.

Have a laugh at me - 60 this year and never ever baked a cake. So this morning with time on my hands as no riding being done at the moment, I decided to surprise my 87 year old and very lonely, mum with a home baked cake for Easter.

So how do you bake a cake ? out comes the laptop, have we all we need in the cupboards ?, well just about but it is all a bit out of date. Out comes the digital scales, never used, they befuddled me a bit so I had a guess. I did all the beating and mixing and shoved it in the oven. Licked the bowl and brought back childhood memories along with feeling a little sick.

Smells nice in the kitchen and it rose up ! I reckon I've cracked this cooking lark. Out it came and cooled it off before doing the butter cream icing thing. Success !, looks great so I licked the icing bowl too -------------feeling really sick now !

Hope Mum enjoys it and survives the experience of my first ever cake.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Are there any?

I'm getting so pi$$ed off with the endless needless petty squabbling and point scoring on here by some posters - so many threads seem to be turning unecessarily nasty these days.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a thread with none I'd be very grateful.

Stay safe and well all ?

Two here, one CV-19 related but no argument, the other pretending CV-19 doesnt exist.

https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/threads/the-safe-place-to-feel-down-thread.787475/

https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/...thread-from-a-dimension-with-no-virus.787106/

I was thinking of starting one for positive CV-19 news asking for no negatives (only polte correction of factual innaccuracy) and no political comment. EG, that there might be a vaccine by September, that a 101 year old has survived and gone home from hospital.

What do you think, would there be any interest?

JJS

Visit site
Two here, one CV-19 related but no argument, the other pretending CV-19 doesnt exist.

https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/threads/the-safe-place-to-feel-down-thread.787475/

https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/...thread-from-a-dimension-with-no-virus.787106/

I was thinking of starting one for positive CV-19 news asking for no negatives (only polte correction of factual innaccuracy) and no political comment. EG, that there might be a vaccine by September, that a 101 year old has survived and gone home from hospital.

What do you think, would there be any interest?

I think this is a great idea ?

Spotherisk

Visit site

Have a laugh at me - 60 this year and never ever baked a cake. So this morning with time on my hands as no riding being done at the moment, I decided to surprise my 87 year old and very lonely, mum with a home baked cake for Easter.

So how do you bake a cake ? out comes the laptop, have we all we need in the cupboards ?, well just about but it is all a bit out of date. Out comes the digital scales, never used, they befuddled me a bit so I had a guess. I did all the beating and mixing and shoved it in the oven. Licked the bowl and brought back childhood memories along with feeling a little sick.

Smells nice in the kitchen and it rose up ! I reckon I've cracked this cooking lark. Out it came and cooled it off before doing the butter cream icing thing. Success !, looks great so I licked the icing bowl too -------------feeling really sick now !

Well done Alice, I’m 51 and also have never baked a cake since school... barely do any cooking actually! Hope your mum loves it.

Tihamandturkey

Visit site

Keep us updated ?

Shady

Visit site
Well done Alice, I’m 51 and also have never baked a cake since school...
Snap on both counts !! I keep trying to make scones and they always end up like rock cakes and I have no idea why .
How hard can it be ffs they have about 5 ingredients, all of which go in the same bowl and get mushed up into a lump. I have tried every sodding recipe for scones I can find and every time they could be used as a lethal weapon, then I talk to mum and she is all '' oh I made some lovely scones today''...ahhhh

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
I can’t bake anything either, mostly because I don’t have an oven ? My sister is a chef and annoyingly a very good one and having lost all her events this year she has put her talents to good use by baking cakes and tray bakes for the village. The pub is doing the savoury takeaways and she is doing the sweets.

Shady

Visit site