Three second prizes and a first prize for Breitlingh!

Four Seasons

Visit site
On Monday Breitlingh and I had our first competition in seven months. The first and last competitions were just for experience and well, they didn't go very well.
We did a Prelim/Novice test (B level). Just plain and simpel. In the tests there were circles, transitions, two medium trots and stuff like that.

Breitlingh went fantastic on Monday! She was cool and relaxed and showed everything to her best. Ashamefully, we had a very strict judge who also wanted a Totilas extended trot, as she said Breitlingh doens't extend. Yeah, ok, whatever. We came second twice with 61.33% and 62%.

Yesterday I was hoping to get higher points. When I just got on Breitlingh, I could feel she was not herself. In the warming-up arena she was playing up, sticking to my leg (she never does that) and rearing up for no reason at all.

The first part of the first test was spot on, the second bit she started playing up and reared twice. Once on a circle and another time right infront of the judge. Mares, gotta love them.:D

The second test felt much better, but still very sticky to my leg and she felt very tense, as if she could explode any second. I just rode the test, taking deep breaths as she was really annoying me with her stickiness and wanting to do shoulder-in the whole test.

For the first test I came second with 63% (I was expecting 58%) and the first I got 65% and a first place! Yeeeeey! Didn't feel that good, but everyone said it looked fine.

A part of the second test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZALzkZJ9kc&feature=youtu.be

Our next competition is on the 22nd of may!

j1ffy

Visit site
She looks so much stronger now! Well done on the great results, I'm sure she'll settle better next time and you'll end up with even more ribbons :D

Four Seasons

Visit site
Thanks! Her capability to sit and and become uphill is massive. You can see it a bit in canter already, she wants to become a bit too uphill for this level and tries to take matter in her own hooves. Very very proud from where we've come from though!