Thrush

bumper

Visit site
Best thing for it suggestions please!

My boy has mild thrush in fronts only. I had a previous horse who used to be prone to it, and at the time (a few years ago now!) I had a tame little local chemists who would happily make me up 10% hydrogen peroxide solution, knowing it was for the horse. I wouldn't even know where to source that from now!

RockinRudolph

Visit site
You can still buy it from the chemists but I think you will have to ask for it. I asked for a couple of bottles in Boots once (thought I might stock up just in case) and they were very suspicious about why I wanted it - in the end I think they refused. Didn't realise that it can be used to make bombs, oops!! One farrier told me to put a few drops of bleach in a bucket of water and scrub the feet out with it twice a week when my boy had a touch of it. I wasn't sure at first but it cleared it up pretty quickly.

Tronk

Visit site
My farrier advised bleach or purple spray. I just use domestos or similar straight out of the bottle onto his frogs. Or if I have run out I just use strong purple spray, the type you get from agricultural stores as it is stronger. Both work equally well.

Spoiled cob

Visit site
I used hypocare spray and that seemed to work for my horses. Also used it for mud fever and the dogs sore foot and it has worked well.

bumper

Visit site
My farrier advised bleach or purple spray. I just use domestos or similar straight out of the bottle onto his frogs. Or if I have run out I just use strong purple spray, the type you get from agricultural stores as it is stronger. Both work equally well.

Ah, I've been purple-spraying (as it's what I had to hand) for 2 weeks now with no effect.

SatsumaGirl

Visit site
I got a concoction called 'Anti-Bac' from my farrier. It's expensive (about 25 squid) but you only need to use the smallest amount and it does work wonders.

Arniebear

Visit site
Either hibiscrub or bleach to clean it and then ive used either canestan thrush cream (just dont tell them its for a horse) or ive also had sucess with a thing called frog health from nettex this came from an equine shop!!

deicinmerlyn

Visit site
Milton and then dilute into a spray bottle with water and use daily. straight bleach is too strong and will kill all the good stuff off too.

Proud Wexford Hero

Visit site
HTML:
I got a concoction called 'Anti-Bac' from my farrier. It's expensive (about 25 squid) but you only need to use the smallest amount and it does work wonders.

This is brilliant stuff, used it for a couple of days and it sorted out my horses feet. You can get it online cheaper, I paid £15 from one of those pharmacy websites. I won't use peroxide as it makes him a bit foot sore.
I make sure I clean and dry his feet out thoroughly before putting it on

Alchemy

Visit site
I've tried all these but recently went on red horse products and they do some fabulous stuff for thrush I got sole cleanse and honey healer check it out I've been really pleased and works

Proud Wexford Hero

Visit site
Who makes Anti Bac please - or where do you buy it from, can you put up a link proud wexford hero? Thanks.

I brought mine from Atlantic equine.co.uk and it's called Swan Anti-Bac. The price on the website is £11.65 excl vat, and they are quick to dispatch it too. It's in a blue and white bottle. Cant figure out how to post a link as on my phone xx

SatsumaGirl

Visit site
I brought mine from Atlantic equine.co.uk and it's called Swan Anti-Bac. The price on the website is £11.65 excl vat, and they are quick to dispatch it too. It's in a blue and white bottle. Cant figure out how to post a link as on my phone xx

Good god! I love my farrier but that's daylight robbery; the price I paid, I mean. Will be buying online from now on!

Spoiled cob

Visit site
Where do you get that from Spoiled cob?

I got it online and you can get it from amazon, they also stock it my local feed shop etc I like it as it is ok for horses and dogs and doesn't hurt them when used to clean wounds etc very handy to have around.

I was also told many years ago after using hydrogen peroxide without success that the best thing was to pick out feet then brush out and put in stable with good shavings bed as it dries out the feet. That was the only thing that worked at the time.

Also have a tub if silver feet which is very good and can be used for thrush, it contains antibacterial and silver to fight infections.

Hope this helps :)

Kikke

Visit site
I've tried all these but recently went on red horse products and they do some fabulous stuff for thrush I got sole cleanse and honey healer check it out I've been really pleased and works

Red horse is amazing. Our big boy was lame with trush last year. Tried loads nothing worked untill we used the red horse products. Will never use anything else!!