Thuja cream for sarcoids- it works, thanks LHIS

booandellie

Visit site
About 6 weeks ago i hijacked somebody's thread about sarcoids after finding three on my new pony's inner thigh. LHIS kindly messaged me about using this on her horse with sarcoids. I bought the cream and the homeopathic pills and within 2 weeks of use the smaller 2 dissapeared, the largest one that was about 50pence size in diameter has now shrunk to a quarter of the size. I have before and after pics but i am sadly useless with technology and don't know how to put them on here but i just wanted to thank LHIS for the tip and let other forum users know it is definately worth trying as the total cost of getting rid of them has been £30. I did get my vet to check them when he came to do her teeth and he confirmed that they were sarcoids. I know there are lots of different treatments out there but this was cheap, effective and doesn't burn the skin. thankyou!

booandellie

Visit site
Online i got it from ****** but there are other suppliers_ i know it will probably asterix out part of the name. I particularly like it because it also stops flies from getting to it which you don't get with using products that they ingest. I put it on the sarcoid and also wiped round the area with a very stong flyspray to keep flies off

nikkimariet

Visit site
I use this on a little warty thing on fig. It's gone! I just dab a tiny bit on once a week to keep it at bay.

scewal

Visit site
I'd be interested to which make it was, have used a thuja cream that didn't make the slightest of difference.

booandellie

Visit site
I can't remember the brand but will check later and let u know. I have put it on everyday without fail- a big blob so it's fully covered. I can pm you the make

I.M.N.

Visit site
I used thuja on one of mine that had a couple, a small one by his sheath that disappeared within a couple of weeks and never came back and a huge flat sarcoid between his front legs, took about 4 months to get rid of it and it did try to reappear in summer for a couple of years, again I used thuja to keep it at bay, and so far this summer (touch wood) there's no sign of it. So as far as I'm concerned thuja is an excellent pain free solution for sarcoids, but with most things it's probably horse dependant.

ETS I got mine from here http://www.naturalhorsesupplies.co.uk/

booandellie

Visit site
The maker of the one I used was farm&yardremedies which you can probably get direct as they have a website or from a well known veterinary product supplier. I also used the thuja homeopathic pills in conjunction which I drop into her water bucket as you shouldn't really touch them- aparantly reduces potency. I had never heard of this product before and so grateful to the OP who suggested it

Visit site
My mrs used crest toothpast and wrap a platting band around it...one the size of 50p peice.3 days to go....the old remedies are out there...people just forget em lol

soulfull

Visit site
My friend used it and her mares have almost gone.

I used it on a horse without success

I guess it's like everything, works or some and not all

Rollin

Visit site
Just googled Thuja cream, there is a not very encouraging statement from the American Cancer Society. So I would not use it and speak to Liverpool.

LHIS

Visit site
I've read that, they state it could be toxic is large doses. However I believe the homeopathic approach uses such minimal doses it couldn't be regarded as high level and therefore toxic. From what I know of the Liverpool treatment it sounds pretty toxic to me.
Of course anyone giving their horse anything should do so having obtained expert advice on the subject. Each to their own.

booandellie

Visit site
Just googled Thuja cream, there is a not very encouraging statement from the American Cancer Society. So I would not use it and speak to Liverpool.
When I found the sarcoidosis on my mare I researched all the suggested treatments from toothpaste right through to them being layered off. I only have third party and rider insurance and savings for anything serious so it made sense to start at the cheaper end of treatments.i read up on the thuja and the Liverpool cream and felt more comfortable using something that wouldn't burn my pony,s skin with the added bonus of a 30 pound spend as opposed to 800 pounds. I,m sure that no matter what treatment you google there will be bad things said about it and for sure someone selling a product that is hundreds of pounds more expensive is going to diss a cheaper but effective product. At the end of the day this does work for some horses and is certainly worth trying as an alternative treatment before going down the way more expensive veterinary route.

Diamore

Visit site
Sorry to rebump this but............

It seems to work!!!!!!!!
Definately have some tiny ones disappearing and bigger ones getting smaller! am very impressed!
Thats with 200c Tablets and cream applied at least once a day

windseywoo

Visit site
I noticed that the people on this thread, if they have used the product have done so on the horse's lower regions. Has anyone used it on or around the face? My mare has a growth on her muzzle near where her bit sits. Luckily it doesn't seem to cause her any issues yet, but I am a little concerned that it is getting a little larger. Having used the Liverpool cream on my other horse's sheath (which worked successfully), I wouldn't want to use it near to my mare's mouth knowing how painful it was for my other horse and that it is a cytotoxic product. I'm quite open to trying other things if the chance of it is working is good. I've tried feeding her turmeric with linseed oil and that didn't make any difference to it at all. Many thanks.

Beausmate

Visit site
I used thuja cream and pills on my horse. The sarcoids got worse, having been pretty 'dormant' for a few years. I managed to significantly reduce them with toothpaste and one was shelled by the vet for the second time in about ten years or so.

I seems that sarcoid treatment can be a very individual thing.

LHIS

Visit site
I noticed that the people on this thread, if they have used the product have done so on the horse's lower regions. Has anyone used it on or around the face? My mare has a growth on her muzzle near where her bit sits. Luckily it doesn't seem to cause her any issues yet, but I am a little concerned that it is getting a little larger. Having used the Liverpool cream on my other horse's sheath (which worked successfully), I wouldn't want to use it near to my mare's mouth knowing how painful it was for my other horse and that it is a cytotoxic product. I'm quite open to trying other things if the chance of it is working is good. I've tried feeding her turmeric with linseed oil and that didn't make any difference to it at all. Many thanks.

You could try the little pills on her, I don't know about the cream with the chance of her licking it off, and if it's suitable for ingestion. If I were you I would research it fully, check the ingredients list, and then make a decision, or as your vet for advice on whether you can apply the cream to her lip.

LHIS

Visit site
I used thuja cream and pills on my horse. The sarcoids got worse, having been pretty 'dormant' for a few years. I managed to significantly reduce them with toothpaste and one was shelled by the vet for the second time in about ten years or so.

I seems that sarcoid treatment can be a very individual thing.

Definitely. The progress in seeing on my gelding is slow, but there is progress. Others have seen a dramatic reduction quickly, and others haven't seen any change.

DD

Visit site
using thuja cream on my geldings sarcoid. no difference seen yet in overall size but it does seem wider and flatter than it was. Been using the cream for about a week.

windseywoo

Visit site
Well I've ordered some as it was only about £15.00, so will decide when I've physically got it in my hand whether or not I'll use it on her.
Thanks for the advice

LinzyD

Visit site

Hi, YES!!! One of my ponies had a sarcoid on the corner of his eye, as well as others in the girth area and sheath. All were treated by the vet at great expense, using the Liverpool cream, etc., and all either came back worse or exploded in to new clusters. The one on the eye was constantly bleeding and a mess and didn't respond to treatment. I read all the scare stories and the publications from Prof K about not using 'alternative' treatments, but as a last resort I used Thuja cream + thuja tabs + ecchinacea tabs from Natural Horse Supplies. All of them went and have never returned, and this was three years ago. The one on the eye took the longest to resolve, about a year in total. You have to keep going with it, keep treating every day, day in and day out, even when you don't think it's working or when it starts to look worse. Typically, the longer they have been there the longer they take to disappear, and when they are responding to the treatment they look worse before they get better. The one on my pony's eye did nothing for ages, then it bled intermittently, and I just kept on treating it, eventually it popped out on a little stalk like a mushroom and hung there, bleeding a bit, and finally it popped out, healed over and you would never know it had been there. Conversely, the Liverpool cream had him climbing the walls in pain.

I would definitely try the Thuja and be prepared to keep going with it; especially keep going when it starts to look worse - this means it is responding.