Thunderbrooks Hay Cobs vs Simple Systems vs...?

VioletStripe

Visit site
Hello!

Having a shop around as you do one rainy lockdown evening (so... every evening at the moment!)

I've been using Thunderbrooks hay cobs recently in my Overgrown Pony's treatball, and in place of general treats as of late. However, I've always been tempted by the Lucie Fibre Cubes from Simple Systems. Does anyone have a preference either way? Can I use these in a treatball too?

Thunderbrooks feel very expensive for what they are (or maybe I'm just being cheap and grumbly! Rain! Lockdown!) does anyone have any other brands they like as well as these two?

For context - Pone is currently a week into Gastrogard treatment, and is a relatively good-doer so I avoid most of the usual high fibre cubes on offer due to starch and molasses content....

holeymoley

Visit site
Never used TB haycobs, but i use SS lucie cubes and my guy loves them. Great for treat balls or making in to a sloppy fibre dinner for carrying supplements/medicine. I use them for his treatball and i give a soaked handful before we ride.

jnb

Visit site
I struggle to get Agrobs in Shropshire (we've only just got Thunderbrooks! lol)
Unless anyone knows where nr WV7/TF postcode I can get Agrobs Weisencobs???

HBB

Visit site
I've used both Thunderbrooks Hay Cobs and Agrobs Wiesencobs. Imo the Wiesencobs were far nicer, lovely fluffed up texture when soaked and they smell delicious, my horses loved them.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
We use agrobs wiesencobs albeit for soaking.
Our supplier isn't on their supplier list but keeps a small stock and can still get it in within the week (she knows how much we usually have so orders reguarly for us).

I won't feed thunderbooks on moral grounds :p

VioletStripe

Visit site
We use agrobs wiesencobs albeit for soaking.
Our supplier isn't on their supplier list but keeps a small stock and can still get it in within the week (she knows how much we usually have so orders reguarly for us).

I won't feed thunderbooks on moral grounds :p

I have also read recently on here about Thunderbooks being a little peculiar...?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site

pansymouse

Visit site
My mare adores Thunderbrooks Hay Cobs - I use them mainly as treats so a bag lasts me about six months. She not a big fan of any the Agrobs products I've tried. Her main feed is Thunderbrooks meadow nut; she quite fussy so I go with what she will eat. I ahve an excellent feed merchant who delivers right into my feed room (even if I only order one bag).

WelshD

Visit site
The agrobs cobs are good.

I really like the wiesenflakes from agrobs though, they are like sliced hay cobs and are lighter in weight so take longer to get out of a treat ball

Unicorn

Visit site
My mare adores Thunderbrooks Hay Cobs - I use them mainly as treats so a bag lasts me about six months. She not a big fan of any the Agrobs products I've tried. Her main feed is Thunderbrooks meadow nut; she quite fussy so I go with what she will eat. I ahve an excellent feed merchant who delivers right into my feed room (even if I only order one bag).

Same here with the meadow nuts... my lad absolutely loves them, but isn't a fan of Agrobs.

MuddyMonster

Visit site
I feed Thunderbrooks as need to avoid alfalfa which I found harder on SS.

I used to use SS and found their customer service absolutely amazing. Having said that, I've had no issues with TB although I'm aware they have some 'history'.

I've not used Agrobs as prefer to use a British feed.