Time tells its own tales

Visit site
16 odd years these stirrup treads have done me. They will do a few more years yet!

16 odd years, hundreds of horses, thousands of miles, every kind of weather you could imagine and 3 different saddles. They've been on crap horses, they have been on Festival and National winners and every kind of winner in between. I've stayed on with them when I should have hit the deck and equally I have splatted from them too.

Long live my stirrup treads! ??

Screenshot_20220411-131201_Gallery.jpg

flying_high

Visit site
16 odd years these stirrup treads have done me. They will do a few more years yet!

16 odd years, hundreds of horses, thousands of miles, every kind of weather you could imagine and 3 different saddles. They've been on crap horses, they have been on Festival and National winners and every kind of winner in between. I've stayed on with them when I should have hit the deck and equally I have splatted from them too.

Long live my stirrup treads! ??

See you are so much braver than me. I fell off my own horse on grass gallops (and wasnt hurt) but as a safety precaution I changed my stirrups to these - good grip treads and safety stirrups ;-)

1649690580916.png

Visit site
See you are so much braver than me. I fell off my own horse on grass gallops (and wasnt hurt) but as a safety precaution I changed my stirrups to these - good grip treads and safety stirrups ;-)

View attachment 90579

Mine are bent leg irons not full fillis irons. I'm not a fan of cheese grater stirrups, rode in them in someone else's saddle a couple of times and didn't like how grippy it was ?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I used to like cheese grater stirrups and deep tread on my boots then did a 360 and got treads like Elf’s and smooth sole boots.

bouncing_ball

Visit site
I used to like cheese grater stirrups and deep tread on my boots then did a 360 and got treads like Elf’s and smooth sole boots.
Why?

you won’t ever be dragged with quick release. What is the downside of grippy stirrups? Why would you want slip between boots and stirrups?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Why?

you won’t ever be dragged with quick release. What is the downside of grippy stirrups? Why would you want slip between boots and stirrups?

Once I’d established where my foot should be, I didn’t want to be forced to keep it in an artificially created position. I preferred to be able to move my foot if required (not that it needed to move) but my foot didn’t slip in smooth soled boots so I kept the combination I preferred and went for fake Sprengers to save my knee from becoming too ‘fixed’. My foot didn’t slip.

rabatsa

Confuddled
Visit site
A friend ripped her hand open on cheese grater stirrup treads. She was pulling her stirrup down and horse spooked. The wound got infected as not dealt with immediately and it was not pleasant for her.