Time to be Honest - How often do you....

For WOMEN - most FEARED

• Total voters

Taz975

Visit site
only before a show! which actually is probably on average once a week. i dread to think what state it would be in if i didnt compete though!!

miamibear

Visit site
I put every couple of months but naturally it will get cleaned more in summer when its nice tack cleaning weather.

I always clean my tack before a competition so next year when im competing more it will get cleaned more

_jetset_

Visit site
Hardly ever! My Dad would go balistic if he knew my beautiful albion slk ultima was cleaned once in a blue moon... does anyone have those tack wipes? Thinkinf of investing in some to just wipe it down with when I have ridden... either that or someone has suggested baby wipes??

frannieuk

Visit site
Before a show, and thats usually in the lorry before I tack up!!

Occasionally when I have a tackcleaning frenzy but that is fairly rare!!

charlie76

Visit site
I'm obsessive about it- I usually clean it every other day as well as wash my boots and numnahs. I also HAVE to clean my tack before a show and straight after (Sometimes before leaving the show!)

I accept I am odd!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
I'm obsessive about it- I usually clean it every other day as well as wash my boots and numnahs. I also HAVE to clean my tack before a show and straight after (Sometimes before leaving the show!)

I accept I am odd!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ermmm... you're actually a bit scary!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

grin.gif

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I accept I am odd!

[/ QUOTE ]
But you are not alone in your 'oddness', as I do the same! LOL
I take everything home after a show, even travel boots are washed after every outing!
smile.gif

_April_

Visit site
When my bit goes green...

lol only joking, normally I do a full clean before an event and a quick wipe when it needs it at other times.

kick_On

Visit site
I have two set, one for hacking and one for comps/lessons. Comps/lesson stuff gets cleaned every time used plus clean nummah. Hacking stuff when it looks like it needs doing and nummahs changed weekly or soon if really smeggie
smirk.gif

Only problem got two horse so 6 bridles and 3 saddles arrrhhh so if i get it wrong i get massive tack clean session
smirk.gif
smirk.gif
smirk.gif
smirk.gif
smirk.gif

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
JAK do you chuck it all in the washing machine? Because my mum is of the opinion that heavy stuff like boots will wreck her washing machine... I have to wash numnahs etc by hand!

[/ QUOTE ]
Like Molly1314, I chuck it all in!
shocked.gif

Damage wise, you can have problems with single heavy items, (not distributing the load on the spin cycle & just bashing about!) but numnahs etc. are not heavy enough to cause a problem usually!
Girth buckles banging on the sides etc. I have never found to cause any real problems either - I don't even bother covering them up anymore!

Worst problem is hair covering the inside of the machine or blocking up the filter! For the former, I put a load of towels in afterwards, which are then tumble-dried, so gets all the hair off them, though some wicked person on here suggested a while back that you can achieve the same 'hair-removing effect' with your OH's underpants!
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Salcey

Visit site
Clean about every 6 weeks or sooner if really nasty. Gets wiped down after each ride though.
Anyone tried a pillow case or rug bag for washing boots, girths etc in the washing machne?

the watcher

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Clean about every 6 weeks or sooner if really nasty. Gets wiped down after each ride though.
Anyone tried a pillow case or rug bag for washing boots, girths etc in the washing machne?

[/ QUOTE ]

I always put girths in a pillowcase to stop the metal banging and getting caught in the drum, saddle cloths and boots just get thrown in

SouthWestWhippet

Visit site
I try to clean my bridle every time I use it but it is usually more like every other time. I'm also one of those people who clean it before and after a show. I hate the feel of dirty tack - if I use a bridle I haven't used for a while (like my double bridle) I usually give it a wipe over before I put it on just to soften the leather.

Also tend to take home boots/numnahs/travel bandages after each show and chuck them in the washing machine. Although I have this dark green numnah which I washed with a load of stuff once and it turned EVERYTHING aquamarine...
blush.gif
So that now gets washed on its own!

My ex used to moan that the washing machine was full of horse hair and he forbade me to wash rugs in it but now I'm free of him (!) I just chuck everything in.
wink.gif

BTW - I have used the tack wipes and I hated them. Apart from the fact that they are really small and you cant get a good hold of them to wipe bridles they also make your hands smell horrid for hours afterwards. Plus I didn't think they got the tack clean

katiejaye

Visit site
My saddle and bridle get a clean every day. Not a thorough take-it-all-apart job but a quick clean and wipe down after it's been used. Numnah gets washed once a week or depending on how sweaty it gets. maybe twice.

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
I personally don't mind cleaning my tack so I clean it every other day whils listening to the radio in the tack room (helps the boredom). I always washing machine numnahs, travel boots etc, but in a pillow case to avoid hair blocking everything up .
smile.gif