Time waster of all timewasters! (RANT)

cazza

community.webshots.com
OK two weeks ago two of our horses we have for sale were tried out. Guy says like them both will bring the family up with me at the weekend and will make my decision. Ok no problem, I have no problem with this at all. So last weekend said guy came up with family, we tacked up the horses for them and they took them out. Again he said he liked them both but definitely wanted one of them. OK we said, he arranged for a vetting which took place yesterday. Horse passes a 5 stage vetting. OK a bit stupid of us as we didn't ask for a deposit. So now timewasting idiot has now come back to us today to say that he's not going to buy the horse that he's just had vetted and it passed because he's shown someone a photo of it and they say it has flat feet and will go lame as soon as he takes it hunting. FFS! It's a bloody thoroughbred, it has no splits or cracks, has never been lame in it life. Why do people think that a still photo is a more accurate picture of a horse than a 5 star vetting by a vet of his choice, he was also present at the vetting as well.

OK rant over I'm just fuming. So if anyone knows where I can advertise a bombproof TB, 8yrs old, jumps, polo, hacks alone or in company, so I don't get any numpties phoning then please do let me know.

alicep

Visit site
o how stupid is he. i wouldnt want my horse going to a plonker like that. he obviously doesnt know a totally sound fit horse to one going to the knackers... these types of people annoy me.

trundle

Visit site
What a complete muppet. Still, if he is that stupid, its probably a good job he didn't take the horse - he'd only break it (and then probably want to bring it back to you ) !

FWIW, apparently you get fewer numpties on Horsequest than on Horsemart, but I don't think anywhere is numpty-proof !

How are you, anyway? How's Casper?

TGM

Visit site
I don't think he's a plonker at all if the horse actually does have flat feet. I wouldn't buy a horse with flat feet after my previous experiences!

I do think it is bad form to pull out at such a late stage though, and he really should have addressed the issue of the feet earlier during the buying process.

TGM

Visit site
Not always the case I'm afraid
crazy.gif

alicep

Visit site
i though TBs had slightly flat feet naturally but have to say i would want my vet to comment on the feet in a vetting if he thought i was going to have trouble in the future.

Mollymillymoo

Visit site
lol what a moron! TBH if I were you I'd be happy he'd changd his mind, someone as stupid as that would probably ruin your horse anyway.
I've had time wasters, the other way round! We were looking for our first horse 4 years ago now and we drove for 3 hours to look at a connemara who had been advertised, we spoke to the owner beforehand, she told us how perfect he was, a real gent, confidence giver, definately a first horse etc. When we got there she refused to tack him up for us, she'd only seen us and she decided that we would not be able to handle him... To say the least we were miffed. He was a lovely looking pony too. Glad we didn't get him though, because we got our boy coco who is 10000000x nicer than him
tongue.gif
x

Tia

Visit site
I can totally understand the disappointment you must be feeling. The only thing I would say is that perhaps it is a good thing that he pulled out; you never know why these things happen but I always think they happen for a reason.

D

Donkeymad

Idiot (him), but be grateful, do you want such an idiot owning your horse? Not the right buyer, but the right buyer will come along.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
I need some help here.
'Flat feet' refers to the soles which are not concave but, well, flatter. Concavity is a good feature as domes are stronger.
But how could your buyer's friend see the soles of the feet from a photograph? Or did you train them to lie belly up first?
S
laugh.gif

Halfstep

Visit site
Why on earth would someone pay for a five stage vetting, have the horse pass, and then back out because of someone's opinion on a photo? He must have money to burn, because that's what he just did! Anyway, you now have a clean vetting on your horse. That is a good thing, despite the annoyance of an idiot wasting your time.

Niffer

Visit site
The flat feet thing is just a silly excuse as for some other reason he doesn't want your horse.

Looking on the +ve side; have you got a copy of the vetting? If so, this is really valuable for the next potential buyer to have a look at!

TGM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I need some help here.
'Flat feet' refers to the soles which are not concave but, well, flatter. Concavity is a good feature as domes are stronger.
But how could your buyer's friend see the soles of the feet from a photograph? Or did you train them to lie belly up first?
S
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Whilst what you say is correct, the lack of concavity in the sole is usually associated with a splayed shape to the hoof exterior which gives the game away without the need to lift the feet or have the horse photographed spreadeagled on its back
tongue.gif

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I need some help here.
S
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Whilst what you say is correct, the lack of concavity in the sole is usually associated with a splayed shape to the hoof exterior which gives the game away without the need to lift the feet or have the horse photographed spreadeagled on its back
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily, I don't think. My old TB has the world's flattest feet, but they are a good shape from the side, and her H/P axis is fine, if that's what you mean?
S
smile.gif

TGM

Visit site
I did say 'usually' - there is always the exception to the rule! But I think it is reasonable to say that if you see a horse with splayed feet, a broken back hoof pastern axis and low heels you would expect to find flat soles as well. But even if by some miracle it didn't have flat soles I still wouldn't want to buy it anyway with the other hoof defects
grin.gif

cazza

community.webshots.com
Thanks for all the comments guys, yes even though he has got a full 5 stage vetting under his belt, I would still always refer any potential purchaser to have a vetting done, purely as you never know what the horse may have suddenly developed since it's vetting. Told the vet about the purchaser and the flat feet. Well vet was shocked (that's a mild use of his terminology!).

Oh well lesson learned, we must not be so honest and trusting and should start to get a deposit of any potential purchaser in future prior to a vetting. So like our horse if it does pass and they back out then they lose their deposit. I don't really like to do that but this potential buyer has now made me wary.

Just a quick comment the horse is a polo pony, he is shod, short and upright.

MagicMelon

Visit site
He he. You do get some morons dont you?

I put one of my horses out on trial - a week later he was sent back to me with the woman saying "he's lovely, hasn't put a foot wrong. But my horse dentist came yesterday and said his hips were weird so he'd likely go lame soon..." UMMMMMMMMMMMM?!