Tinnitus

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Yes! I had some Cranio-Sacral treatment. The person said my face was scrunched over, when I looked I could see it was. I was no longer as symmetrical.

During the treatment, the symptoms went by about 80%. Another 10% went the week after. The final 10% took longer.

As soon as the treatment was over, I looked in the mirror and I was a lot straighter.

It was a huge relief as it was driving me up the wall.

Follysmum

Visit site
I have had it since I had micro suction for ear wax removal alongside Eustachian tube dysfunction.
I have been following a programme on Facebook call the curalistic, it’s basically removing trigger points from the scm muscles and traps from massage and using a back knobber. My ETD has halved and tinnitus is definitely quieter than it was. Mine is a static noise but sometimes turns to a high pitch eeee sound. Much worse when it’s quiet so always have background music or some noise. The sleep headband with music is fab. The most annoying thing I think that anyone can have, it’s awful.

Last edited:

Muddy unicorn

Visit site
I’ve had it for 14 years - it’s a non-stop high pitched whine (top E if you’re musically inclined..). It’s worse when there’s not much background noise so I tend to go to sleep listening to low-volume white noise or spoken word podcasts/audio books. Every now and then the volume suddenly ramps up as if someone’s turned the switch up to 11 and then it’ll suddenly go back down again to a more manageable level.

In my case it’s one of the symptoms of Ménière’s disease which is a fairly rare inner ear disorder and there‘s no cure. It’s just become part of me and most of the time it’s just there but not overwhelming - you do get more used to it and more able to tune it out to an extent. The more you focus on it the worse it is unfortunately. I hope yours is more temporary than mine.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
I've had it due to earwax :) also from aspirin. Lots of drugs besides anti-inflammatory meds can cause it.

smolmaus

Visit site
Mine turned out to be hay allergy related, I started antihistamines 2 weeks ago and nothing since.

It can be caused by a lot of different things! Has anything changed for you in the last few weeks?

Equi

Visit site
Yes! I had some Cranio-Sacral treatment. The person said my face was scrunched over, when I looked I could see it was. I was no longer as symmetrical.

During the treatment, the symptoms went by about 80%. Another 10% went the week after. The final 10% took longer.

As soon as the treatment was over, I looked in the mirror and I was a lot straighter.

It was a huge relief as it was driving me up the wall.
Where did you get this or how did you go about it? I’ve had It for as long as I can remember and it doesn’t really bother me but I definitely don’t have a symmetrical face!

[139672]

Visit site
Hope this doesn’t sound (excuse the pun!) crazy but I have bought a rowing machine. I started using it again few weeks back. Only about 3 to 4 times a week and only for 5/6 mins at a time as I want to be v careful not to strain my back. I also give myself a day or 2 i between. Want to build it up really slowly to about 15-20 mins max. The back of my neck, shoulders and around my collar bone have felt a bit sore, back of my neck in particular. I did wonder whether it is that? Am I mad thinking this?

Follysmum

Visit site
Hope this doesn’t sound (excuse the pun!) crazy but I have bought a rowing machine. I started using it again few weeks back. Only about 3 to 4 times a week and only for 5/6 mins at a time as I want to be v careful not to strain my back. I also give myself a day or 2 i between. Want to build it up really slowly to about 15-20 mins max. The back of my neck, shoulders and around my collar bone have felt a bit sore, back of my neck in particular. I did wonder whether it is that? Am I mad thinking this?

Have a look at the curalistic programme it has lots of reviews and testimonials from people especially with neck issues I think it could help you.
https://curalistic.org/

PaulineW

Visit site
I’ve had pulsatile tinnitus for about seven years now. Just a constant swishing sound. In the last month it’s got very loud at times. My hearing is not affected, but I do wonder at the cause. I had tests including an MRI, but no real cause determined. I’ve never been one for loud music etc, in fact my ears are very sensitive.

[139672]

Visit site
I’ve never been one for loud music either and I find my ears sensitive. If I’ve been too near really loud speakers for example I have to cover my ears. Even blues and twos driving past, next to me, if I not in a car is too loud

Callieann

Visit site
I've had tinnitus all my life. I am profoundly dead in one ear with partial hearing in the other. It is always there all the time. Most of the time it is low level, but the volume does ramp up a lot at intervals. It's a bit like someone turning radio up full blast when it's not tuned in. I have just learned to ignore it now. I have found that if I focus on it at all then it gets annoying.

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
My OH has had it for years, it started following a virus. He can't have silence (needs a TV or radio on at all times) but otherwise deals with it pretty well. He hasn't found anything that helps, though it does seem to get better and worse seemingly randomly.

scats

Visit site
I was diagnosed with Ménière’s disease about 9 years ago ago after sudden onset tinnitus and vertigo. Some days the room would do a flip and I once had to leave an assembly in school holding the walls (god knows what the kids thought!)
The tinnitus was either ringing, buzzing or screeching and it was relentless. I just learnt to live with it. The tinnitus would actually give me a warning when the vertigo was going to kick in, so it became weirdly helpful at times. I ended up on some betahistines after being referred to the hospital. I’m pleased to report that I went into remission after 2 years and only very occasionally get mild bouts of tinnitus now. I did permanently lose some hearing in one ear as a result, but it was a small price to pay.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Where did you get this or how did you go about it? I’ve had It for as long as I can remember and it doesn’t really bother me but I definitely don’t have a symmetrical face!
The person who did mine isn't doing people any more, due to covid, but if you Google it, it will be a bit pot luck as to whether the person is good or not. I would look for recommendations.

I found another person, but she wasn't as good, sadly!

[139672]

Visit site
I went for a free hearing check and I have moderate hearing loss ?. The guy said it’s general wear and tear (polite for my age - mid 50s). He said my ears look healthy and tiny flakes of wax which is normal. He also said nothing can be done about the tinnitus, if I get it only in one ear or pulsating I need to go to my GP. I still have the tinnitus, it’s like a really high pitch buzzing. I suffer a lot from blocked sinuses/nose and sometimes have sneezing fits of about 7-8 sneezes so I’m going to try antihistamine for 30 days and see if that helps. No improvement. I am pretty sure I’ll be stuck with it permanently ?. Not sure if I should go to my GP or just get on with it?