Tinsel on horses?

Skhosu

Visit site
Where would be ok to put it? Am dressing up tomorrow as a giant present on a reindeer (me=present, horse = reindeer) and not sure where it will annoy him?
Will be interesting to see how I am going to jump covered in wrapping paper though!

meandmyself

Visit site
Depends a lot on him really! Try on his noseband, browband, neckstrap/breastplate (if he wears one). I've also seen it wrapped around the ned's boots (just make sure it's really secure if you do that!
smile.gif
)

paintsplat05

Visit site
i put some of the thinner stuff on Star's browband and noseband last year but it wasn't on for very long so it didn't really annoy him!

welshpony

Visit site
Browband, noseband are probably the best places but it depends on your horse really. I've seen people with it on their reins but don't think that's a very good idea!

Skhosu

Visit site
anyone had problems wrapping it round browband and noseband?
Was just thinking it might irritate him (still not sure how he will cope with tinsel..but we'll see!)

that sounds cool!!
Probably round is neck but is he quite? My horse would have a fit if i put tinsel on her - well i wouldn't get it on her i doubt.........she won't even go in her stable if i put a tiny bit around it!!

jemima

Visit site
I've plaited it into manes and tails in the past - together with battery operated flashing lights! Mind you our bigger cob is a VERY sensible boy!

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
that sounds cool!!
Probably round is neck but is he quite? My horse would have a fit if i put tinsel on her - well i wouldn't get it on her i doubt.........she won't even go in her stable if i put a tiny bit around it!!

[/ QUOTE ]

bit like my mum's thoroughbred then! My cobby pony is so laid back he likes being dressed up in tinsel!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

foraday

Visit site
Mine love dressing up in tinsel!!!!

The usual places like everyone has mentioned-brow band, nose band and martigale or breast plate.

I secure mine with selotape-a few circles of it on top of the tinsel to the bridle should secure it-doesn't damage the bridle either and gets you out of tack cleaning for the chrimbo period!!!

Good luck and post piccys!!!