tiny showjumping and beach report, please feel free to add more!

Jesstickle

Visit site
On Saturday I took the beast to CWA to jump a couple of classes. On paper this went very badly but I am calling it a good day anyway.

Jumped the 80cm class clear (you'd hope so really with legs like his!) and just rolled a pole in the jump off to come fifth. There were no fillers anywhere in this class so it was all very easy for the beast.

I have bought this photo from the jump off just because he looks jolly really and because the light is nice but it is wrong to post photos so here is the link instead

http://www.photographybyrobmorris.c...pg&watermark=%A9%20photographybyrobmorris.com

and here he is with his frilly

P10107922_zpsec1dfc64.jpg

in the 90cm class I managed to get us eliminated. We stopped at a wall and a filler ( I knew he would he has hardly ever seen things like that and he popped them second time no quibble so I don't really care, it will come with practice) which was no big deal but I also got the poor sod so wrong to a fence he couldn't possibly jump it so he just had to stop. We were allowed to finish so it was a good schooling round for us. I have heard Prestige equestrian have very bright fillers so think I am going to pop down there for CR to give him a look at them all. He has such a nice attitude bless him, he just needs a bit more exposure to all the scary jump4joy fillers which exist these days :p I also managed to throw hot tea all over him which, to his great credit, he didn't bury me for. He's a nice chap

And today we went to the beach. I've never done that before. It was awesome. He doesn't much like the sea but he jumped the break waters happily enough

P1010820_zpsfc1224ec.jpg

so that's my weekend. Feel free to add your own report if you want to!!

Bazzel

Visit site
well done for 5th! and at leasst the 90cm was a learning curve :) He looks ace in the jump off pic.

I'll add a report too! Similar weekend to you with a sunny trip to the beach (first time for my new boy) and arena eventing in the pouring rian

my view when we were playing in the sea:
attachment.php

I had the opposite result to you! Elminated in the 80cm at a skinny corner, poor Baz literally didn't have a clue what it was and was thoroughly confused, but we were allowed to finish and he jumped everything else. And then in the 90cm he had one stop at the same corner but flew it second time, I was chuffed to bits especially in the pouring rain. We even left all but one showjumping standing which is a massive improvement on previously, he's just learning where to take off at the mo with lots of long baby legs!
This is us in the 90cm:
attachment.php

Jesstickle

Visit site
O he is just lovely! Look at his tidy, tidy little front legs! And your beach picture trumps mine. I wouldn't have dared take a photo in the water, he kept running away from the waves!!

Funnily I want to have an attempt at teaching mine corners in my lesson this week as I want to do some arena eventing myself. I should add that mine is in no way a baby but he has mostly done dressage so his jumping mileage is quite low ( I think, as far as I can work out)

BillyBob-Sleigh

Visit site
well done for 5th! and at leasst the 90cm was a learning curve :) He looks ace in the jump off pic.

I'll add a report too! Similar weekend to you with a sunny trip to the beach (first time for my new boy) and arena eventing in the pouring rian

my view when we were playing in the sea:
attachment.php

I had the opposite result to you! Elminated in the 80cm at a skinny corner, poor Baz literally didn't have a clue what it was and was thoroughly confused, but we were allowed to finish and he jumped everything else. And then in the 90cm he had one stop at the same corner but flew it second time, I was chuffed to bits especially in the pouring rain. We even left all but one showjumping standing which is a massive improvement on previously, he's just learning where to take off at the mo with lots of long baby legs!
This is us in the 90cm:
attachment.php

I recognise that venue - Beacons Equestrian by any chance? ;)

glamourpuss

Visit site
No photos I'm afraid....my photographer was off having fun show jumping & playing on the beach ;)
Yesterday SoPo had his 1st proper lot of canter work (I'm so bloomin' anal about fitness :D) It was ace! He's a raving twerp about it all but he does make me giggle.

Today I had a lesson.... After a night shift [yawn] We worked on keeping him soft & flexed particularly in transitions. He tried really hard & there were moments where I felt we were starting to scratch the surface of what a smart little chap he is [wub] Jumping wise did some canter poles on a circle which made him think (& me as well!). Then we had a jump with v rails in the middle of a line of poles to get us both staying soft & encouraging SoPo to think a little & use himself instead of being a speed demon & just hurling himself over fences with gay abandon :D

Really, really fab weekend although totes pooped as I'm currently into my 37 hour awake [matchsticks on eyes]

Jesstickle

Visit site
No photos I'm afraid....my photographer was off having fun show jumping & playing on the beach ;)

Really, really fab weekend although totes pooped as I'm currently into my 37 hour awake [matchsticks on eyes]

Rubbish aren't I?!

Clever SoPo :D He is wicked. I wil come and take photos next time. And as for your no sleeping, words fail me!

Jules19

Visit site
He is a proper legend Jess :). Love the flying pic from the jumping, super keen. You know what I did this weekend, gatecrashed your beach trip ;) There are some horses looking very chillaxed and happy to have a day off at the yard this morning.

Jesstickle

Visit site
I didn't want to presume to include you J. Or the other HHOer who was at the beach. Hence leaving you out!

O my days my muscles under my arms, the bingo wing ones (triceps?) really hurt today. Ouch. You can tell he never normally takes any contact at all, they are agony!! I'm probably nearly as pleased to have a day off as he is :p

Last edited: