tips and pictures of your home made jumps!

showjump2003

Visit site
I have a competiton in two weeks time and my horse hasn't seen coloured fences, fillers, planks ect in ages!!! So I thought I would spend a few days after work making some?

I have the material to make 2/3 fillers (if my dad lets me!) and I MIGHT be able to convince him to fetch me a few poles if I ask nicely.

I currently have 2 jumps wings that I can use and two that are in need or repair! And I have 4 poles and 4 barrels! Not a lot to be getting on with really.

Any tips/advixe on how to make some scary jumps to bomb proof my horse a little?

Pics of home made jumps would be fab!

Unfortuantly I don't have anyone handy with diy to help me so nothing too complicated!

CastleMouse

Visit site
blue plastic sheets make really good water jump fillers and you could also put one pole at each side of the sheet to make a ditch-like jump
smile.gif

madgirl

Visit site
yer blue sheets are great you could also paint you poles different colours!! or use the barrells in front of the jumps rather than wings!

showjump2003

Visit site
this post might not be necessary anymore! Just seen a listing on ebay for a set of 5 showjumps including poles, fillers, planks ect that is close enough for me to collect them. The listing has two days to go so fingers crossed I get them! lol

Gomer

Visit site
I've seen brightly coloured pole 'sleeves' on the Robinsons website - a good idea if you have a few plain poles and want to try some different cololours? they also have cups to attach onto barrels that look handy. :)