Tips for pairs dressage

scrat

Visit site
This is for a local riding club competition and it is the intro A test (walk & trot). My daughter and her friend are riding together and both have large HW cobs. Do they ride together at all times? In particular any tips for entering the arena together and how to ride circles and corners without one being left behind?? Any help would be appreciated.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
for the RC area pairs tests it is expected that the test will be ridden as a pair most of the time. But splitting occasionally does make it a more interesting floor plan.

They should practice banging knees together as much as possible (I def got the bruises to show for it!)

and basically I think lots of practice for the circles etc and some clever riding, it will be easier in walk and trot than it is in canter!

Most of all hope they enjoy it, my lad thinks it is great fun!

Britestar

Visit site
Stay together as much as possible.

One of the horses probably has a slightly bigger step or is more forwards. Put him on the outside that way less liekly to get left behind.

Practice so that you know hwere you are going and there will be less ears back and grumpy faces! :)

Have fun.

scrat

Visit site
Thanks for your replies. The cobs met for the first time yesterday and we only had ears back once. My daughters cob can get a little choppy in his trot when he tries to keep up and would prefer to break into canter. They are practicing and changing sides to see what works best. Any more tips would be great.